We had a robust meeting at CSM in Denver and have found a surge of energy to move forward in providing timely updates, links to evidence based practice and networking among the specialty practices in our profession.
Here are some areas to review on the web page:
- Minutes from Feb 2020 at CSM
- Bone Health Pubs – Lisa Hamilton has agreed to be the contact for any contributions you may have to share. The “contact us” link will direct you to her. Watch this section for monthly additions.
- Bone Health Links of Interest: updated in March 2020 for accuracy
- NEW: Liaisons to other SIGs and Academies/Sections with the role defined as: “As a BHSIG member, the liaison provides communication between professional groups to optimize sharing of pertinent information and events” Examples include (but not limited to)
- Recommends co-sponsorship for CE, precon, CSM programming
- Push pertinent literature to BHSIG (Lisa)
- Share BHSIG resources to their counterpart as appropriate for both practice specialties
And here is where we need your servant leadership contributions
- If you would like to be a liaison as mentioned above, or partner with those listed on the webpage where you may also be connected in the same interests – please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please consider stepping up fill to our leadership needs as secretary or nominating committee beginning at CSM 2021. Given our gap in normal election procedures, we have the ability to appoint these positions until we are back on track.
Please watch for our “Bone Health Flash” which will come to your email inbox. This will be a brief notice of any pertinent news and a quick review and link of new literature that impacts our practice related to bone health. This information will then be transitioned over to our web page for safe keeping. For the time being, this will replace any formal newsletter – our goal is to keep the web page up to date with “news you can use” so please get in the habit of visiting often.
If you have questions, ideas or other contributions – please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for all you do for your patients, your students and our profession!
Kathy Brewer PT, DPT, MEd, GCS, CEEAA
Chair, AGPT Bone Health Special Interest Group