Midway Avenues Newsletter August 1,
August Monthly Membership Luncheon-
Bonnie Alton, Great Harvest Bread Company
Join us in August for our membership meeting, featuring Bonnie Alton, owner of Great Harvest Bread Company.
Bonnie launched Saint Paul's Great Harvest Bread Company on Grand Avenue in March of 1994 and immediately began building relationships with other small business owners and neighbors.
In 2004, Great Harvest moved to a bigger location on Selby Avenue.
More than two decades since launching her business, Bonnie remains dedicated to the guiding principles that she established from the beginning and takes pride in being "the neighborhood bread store." She tackles the challenges of small business ownership head on, and continues to learn and grow. L
earn what makes a successful business from Bonnie and her 23 years of experience running Great Harvest.
Wednesday, August 16
11:30 a.m.- 1 p.m.
University of Minnesota Continuing Education & Conference Center
1890 Buford Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
Thank you to our sponsor:
2017-2018 Luncheon Passes are Here
All Access Luncheon Pass Benefits
Your pass may be applied to any of our 12 Luncheon Meetings & Summits(July-June)
- Includes 1/2 day events like Economic Development, Leadership and Legislative Summits
- Passes can be used for multiple attendees to the same luncheon or to invite guests
- Your office can share the same pass.
- Save time by not paying for each individual lunch. Hassle-free!
Save time and money, sign up today!
Special offer ends September 30, 2017
You may purchase HERE, at an event or call the Chamber office at 651-646-2636.
If you already paid for July or August's luncheon, this amount will be applied to the pass you choose.
The Chamber is going Paperless
The Midway Chamber of Commerce is switching to electronic billing beginning
What does this mean? I am happy you asked:
- Invoices will be generated as usual, but delivered to your inbox as opposed to your mail box
- Making a payment is easy! You can pay online by choosing "click here" found at the bottom of your email, follow the directions located at the bottom of your invoice which will be attached to your email, call the office with your credit card information or send us a check via USPS
- If you prefer billing to go to a specific person within your organization, please provide that information to us
- Still need paper billing? Give us a call and let us know
- We will save money through reducing our paper, printing and postage needs, all while being a bit greener.
We appreciate your help as we make this transition. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the chamber office at 651-646-2636.
Interested in getting 55 chamber members in your door
about what you do?
Host an Economic Development meeting
We are looking for chamber members to host our monthly Economic Development meetings held the fourth Tuesday of the month from 11:30-1:00. This is a great opportunity for you to share your mission with others so that they will learn more about the work that you do. A lunch sponsor will provide the food, you provide the space, tables and chairs. Want to learn more? We would love to discuss this with you, just call the office at 651-646-2636.
We're looking for a few good men & women to join our Ambassador committee
To welcome new members to the Chamber, to encourage new member participation in networking and promotion opportunities, and to represent the Chamber at community functions and new business openings.
As the public relations arm of the Midway Chamber of Commerce, Ambassadors are often the first contact for new and prospective members. Encouraged to select the most effective activities to meet their personal and professional objectives. All of the activities can be conveniently worked into your schedule.
- Attend Ribbon Cuttings for new organizations within the Midway area.
- Greeters and Table Hosts at Monthly Membership Luncheons -
- Delivery of membership packets that are distributed to new and renewing members.
This is a great way to connect with members. We would love to have a part of this fun group.
We have adopted the tagline, "Adapt. Act. Evolve." Technology, marketing, wants and needs are constantly changing. If you sit still for long you are quickly left behind. We are committed to staying at the leading edge and wish to share this philosophy with our prospects, customers and partners. We're in business to keep you in business.
Evolve Systems specializes in two business verticals; web development and merchant processing which often intersect in ecommerce websites and online payment solutions or logistics.
Don Raleigh III
2974 Rice Street
Saint Paul, MN 55113
** Guests wanting to attend the Bruce Larson memorial service can arrive at 11:30**
1013 Front Ave.
Saint Paul, MN 55103
Join us as we celebrate and support our local businesses . Every month we visit a restaurant and encourage our membership and the community to take transit and join us in our effort to
"Keep it green, Keep it local."
If taking transit, Half Time Rec is located near the following bus stops:
3B: Front Ave./Oxford St
83: Lexington Parkway/Front Ave.
3A: Como Ave./Chatsworth St.
Join us for the third installment of this year's Business After Hours! Stick around the bar or grab a beverage and join the fun at the bocce ball courts. Bocce is an easy & fun game to play. Rules and instructions will be shared.
Half Time Rec
1013 Front Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55103
Wednesday, August 9
This is a free event- but please let us know you are coming!
Thank You New Members
Thank You Renewing Members!