FREE SUMMER PROGRAMS NOW!
Our educational programs are perfect for your local community center, library summer program, summer school, daycare, scouts group - you name it - our programs are a GREAT FIT! We are also hosting teacher workshops in specific areas.
Information about the Outreach Programs is below.
now or reply to this e-mail if you need more information!
Be sure to check out TWA's additional education resources!
Sampling of Science Units covered: Conservation and Land Stewardship * Characteristics of Environments * Structure/Function and Survival * Basic Needs * Inherited Traits and Resemblance * Ecosystems - Biotic and Abiotic * Groundwater, Surface Water, and Watersheds * Populations and Communities
- FREE to attend
- Designed for Grade K-8 Science Educators
- Six (6) hour workshops offering SBEC and TAGT hours
- Provides hands-on training for educators to incorporate natural resource and private land stewardship lessons into their teachings.
Register for a Summer 2016 workshop now! Any statewide educator is invited to attend! (space is limited):
To schedule a Wildlife by Design presentation, please contact your regional
L.A.N.D.S. Outreach Educator
for available dates and program topics.
Wildlife by Design
programs are presentations delivered by our educators that spotlight wildlife and habitat conservation, all while bringing in hands-on, TEKS aligned resources and activities. Each program offers multiple activities, lesson plans, and discussions possible for the classroom. All programs are appropriate for ages 5-14.
Presentation Topics: Skins & Skulls CSI, Let's Talk Turkey, Investigating Life Cycles & Where is Our Water?
- Each program is designed for a classroom-length period of time, approximately 30-60 minutes and for a group of 20-45 students.
- Each presentation date can include up to six (6) repeat programs.
- DFW: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise
- Harris/Houston area: Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, and Waller
- Rio Grande Valley: Brooks, Cameron, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kenedy, Starr, and Willacy
Special Opportunity for Bexar & surrounding counties
(Kendall, Comal, Guadalupe, Wilson, Medina, Atascosa, and Bandera)
We have partnered with Kameron Bean of Wild Times Edutainment to offer Wildlife by Design presentations with live animals!
Discovery Trunks are a FREE resource available to any educator in Texas and are filled with Grades K-8 Science TEKS-aligned lessons, activities, and hands-on materials that you and your students can utilize as needed to fit your schedule! We highly encourage sharing of the materials, allowing as many students to utilize the materials as possible!
View the summer 2016 calendar - contact us for custom dates (1-3 weeks) to fit your schedule
- View trunk inventories
- View trunk TEKS, Scope and Sequence alignment, and lesson topics
Seven (7) Discovery Trunk topics:
Bats-A-Billion, Bird is the Word, Butterflies Flutter By, Exploring Adaptations, Let's Talk Turkey, More Than a Drop, Wildlife Investigations
On-demand Webinars are perfect for the summer months!
Animal Skulls Investigation
They are FREE to view and available 24/7 on the TWA website .
Food Chain Fun
Let's Talk Turkey
Magic of Monarchs
Prairie Dog Discovery
On-demand Webinars 101:
- 20-30 minute programs
- Follow-along worksheets are provided
- Post activities available
L.A.N.D.S. Intensive Programs
L.A.N.D.S. Intensive Notebook
- Classroom lesson notebook, Field Investigation Days & Necropsies
- Geared for Grades 6-12
Trinity River Project
- Aquatic-based classroom activities and field investigations, focusing on the Trinity River Basin
- Geared for Grades 4-5
Necropsy in a Box
- Designed for Grades 7-12
- Facilitate a quail necropsy in your classroom - we will provide the quail and step-by-step instructions!
- August 2-4; Seadrift, TX
- Learn how to incorporate L.A.N.D.S. notebook lessons into your classroom
- TEKS aligned lessons & activities
- Some workshops offer Project WILD certification
- 12 hours of SBEC or AT Master Naturalist hours
L.A.N.D.S. Outreach Staff
Director of Education - Outreach Programs
Discovery Trunks and Distance Learning
Rio Grande Valley - Brooks, Cameron, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kenedy, Starr and Willacy Counties
Harris Area -
Liberty, Montgomery, Waller, and Northern Harris County ISDs
Harris Area - Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, and Southern Harris County ISDs
DFW Area - Hood, Johnson, Parker, and Tarrant Counties
DFW Area - Collin, Denton, and Wise Counties