With the support of the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL) the Pennsylvania Key IECMH Consultation team was able to add a staff member to support School Age Child Care (SACC) programs participating in Keystone STARS.
While the model components and process are currently under development, the proposed focus of this support will include, but is not limited to:
- General guidance on meaningful environments and developmentally appropriate practices
- General Middle Childhood Social-Emotional Concerns
- General Middle Childhood Behavioral or Developmental Concerns
- Well-being of Teachers and Caregivers
- Partnering with Families
- Partnering with School Districts/Community Partners
SACC related social-emotional resources and professional development opportunities will also be created, and the consultant will participate in SACC related stakeholder groups on a regular basis, as identified.
Please stay tuned for more information about when SACC Mental Health Consultation will be available and the process to request support. It is anticipated, with just one SACC staff member servicing the entire state, the service will be primarily tele-consultation support.