Over this last weekend the MiDataHub Cockpit was updated with a few new features. One of the most helpful is that the timeout value was changed from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, allowing users to be idle longer before being logged out automatically.
The other major update was the addition of the much-anticipated 'Alert' functionality. Alerts are ways of being notified of specific data conditions that exist in your data or of audited changes that were made in MiDataHub. To access the Alert functionality, simply choose the Utilities menu and click on 'Alerts'. The next step is to click the link to 'Add District Alert Subscription'. Although the 'Name' field is listed first, we recommend choosing an Alert Type as the first step in configuration. The choices are 'Audited Activity' or 'Scheduled Activity'. The steps for configuring each are bulleted below:
- This will alert specified users when something is changed.
- Click the Audited Activity drop down and choose one of the following:
- API Integration Added
- API OneRoster Access Changed
- API OneRoster Access Error
- API Integration Status Changed
- API Integration Auto Creation Changed
- Build Added
- Build Schedule Added
- Build Schedule Removed
- Build Status Changed
- Inbound Integration Added
- Inbound Integration Schedule Added
- Inbound Integration Schedule Removed
- Inbound Integration Schedule Changed
- ODS Management Action Initiated
- Outbound Integration Added
- Outbound Integration Schedule Added
- Outbound Integration Schedule Removed
- Outbound Integration Schedule Changed
- User Added
- User Claims Changed
- Choose one or more subscribers
- Make sure the status is 'Active'
- Enter a name for the Alert
- Click on "Submit"
- This will
a check at the scheduled time for the particular rule you would like to
- Choose a 'Scheduled Activity' from the list of activities listed below. For the first time, we recommend using the 'Data Freshness' option as the MSDS checks are still being improved.
- Data Freshness
- MDSD Early Childhood Data Check
- MDSD Early Roster Data Check
- MDSD General Collection Data Check
- MDSD General Teacher Student Data Link Data Check
- MDSD Migrant Teacher Student Data Link Data Check
- MDSD Student Record Maintenance Data Check
- Based on the Scheduled Activity selected, one or more Conditions will be displayed. Enter values appropriate to provide the desired alert.
- For Data Freshness, entering a DaysOld Operator of Greater Than and a Value of 2 will let you know if your data has gone 3 days or more without being updated. That will avoid weekend inactivity, but would probably trigger during a holiday or spring-break session. If it occurs outside of these times, then it would indicate that MiDataHub is not receiving updates from your SIS as desired.
- Set a schedule by choosing:
- Schedule Type - Daily is usually ideal
- Start Date - When you would like to start monitoring
- Start Time - What time of day would you like to check the data
- Select one or more subscribers to receive the alert
- Ensure the Status is Active, or choose Inactive to disable
- Enter an appropriate Name at the top of the screen
- Click the "Submit" button