Below are a few tips on configuring your Data Hub for the new school year:
Current School Year –
The school year selected in the “Current School Year” pull down menu in the data hub cockpit will determine which school year is designated as the current school year for any inbound and outbound data integrations enabled in your Data Hub Cockpit, and the default year reports and validation scripts it will run against. It is recommended to select the current school year in this pull down menu.
Verify User Access -
Log in to your Data Hub Cockpit and verify user access by reviewing who has access, and what each individual's authorization (permission) is configured for. Authorizations are segmented into 3 different types:
- Superintendent - Sign/Revoke Agreements
- Technical Contact - Full access to dashboards, Add/Delete/Edit user accounts and permissions (exception is Superintendents), and full access to all reports.
- Data Steward - Full access to reports
Review Product Catalog –
If you would like to learn more on current partners of the MiDataHub > EdFi environment, please take a second and review the Product Catalog, located at
. This is the portal we have in place to provide information on each vendor such as available integrations, contacts, documentation, and upcoming features.
MiLearn – If you are currently using MiLearn, or would like to learn more about this exciting functionality for students, staff, and parents - or have any specific questions - feel free to reach out to us at
or contact Tim Hall directly at
CEPI Services (UIC Functionality, SnackPack) –
If you are currently using the UIC Services functionality, or would like to learn more about how this functionality is used in your SIS, please contact
Continuing PD -
If you would like to brush up on how to run reports, queries, or any one of the other numerous areas within MiDataHub, please use either resource below as an option for online learning:
- Youtube Channel – Provides short help videos on how to run processes out of the Data Hub Cockpit such as creating API integrations, generating reports, managing users, and much more.
- Edupaths – We currently have a full course located at edupaths.org. MiDataHub 101 will walk you through what the Data Hub is, provides, and how to use its functionality. At the end of each session, there is a quiz to validate your learning. Future videos will include MiDataHub 102 (Dashboards & EWS tools), and MiDataHub 103 (creating scripts, validating data, etc.).