WHAT: Broward Reads for the Record/Jumpstart's Read for the Record®
WHEN: Thursday, October 29, 2020
BOOK: Evelyn Del Rey is Moving Away by Meg Medina
WHY?: Raise awareness for Early Childhood Literacy, Unite the Community Around a Common Mission, Provide Take-Home Books to Pre-K and Kindergarten Children, and HAVE FUN with LITERACY!
How can I participate?: Complete registration using the link below by Friday, October 2, 2020
CLICK BELOW TO REGISTER (Or copy and paste into browser)
You only need to register 1 time. You will not receive an immediate confirmation.
Preschool Providers and Private Schools must complete the registration above by Friday, October 2, 2020
By completing this registration, you will:
- Register your interest in hosting guest readers on 10/29/2020.
- Identify a lead at your school who will receive resources and additional communications.
- Receive a follow-up survey (DATE TBA) after all schools return to in person learning to reserve an English book for each Pre-K (age four-five going to K next year) and kindergarten child at your school.
- Reserve a Spanish copy of the book for your school.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Hands on Broward will be promoting a virtual guest reading experience this year.
- If you will be implementing eLearning Virtual instruction with your students on October 29, your guest reader will join in your class eLearning sessions to read the book.
- If your center will have students on campus on October 29, your guest reader will join your class virtually through an eLearning platform (Zoom, Teams, etc) where you will then be able to project through a computer with an LCD projector or smartboard/TV for the class.
- For centers that need additional support with this process, we will be providing an overview at the September 30 ELC Broward PLAN meeting and hosting an evening overview session. Additional information about the overview session and ideas for hosting guest readers will be sent directly to the leads identified in the registration.
Through a partnership between the Children's Services Council, Broward County Public Schools, the Jim Moran Foundation, the Early Learning Coalition of Broward County, PNC Grow Up Great, the United Way of Broward County, and multiple Broward early childhood stakeholders, a copy of the book will be provided AT A FUTURE DATE to each:
- Pre-K (age 4-5, going to Kindergarten next year) child
- Kindergarten child
Book Distribution is being delayed this year due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, with plans for a potential Spring distribution to ensure adequate time for all schools to recover enrollment. Dependent on county health conditions, this will allow each school to provide books to all students once all are back in their respective building. (Date TBA)
Participants are invited to post pictures on Twitter of preparation, readings, and related Activities to #browardreads.
Thank you for participating in the 2020 Broward Reads for the Record and for your work to support early literacy throughout Broward County! Please forward this email to your partner/neighbor community providers/private schools who may not have received the notice. We want 100% participation and need your help to spread the word!
Happy Reading! 😊