Buchanan Hauling & Rigging has restructured the Driver Scorecard Bonus to align better with our safety and compliance goals for 2022. The new Driver Safety & Compliance Incentive will focus on rewarding driver’s safe behavior and adherence to compliance to better protect our drivers, our assets, and our interests.
This new Safety & Compliance Incentive gives drivers the potential to earn more than double previous Driver Scorecard Bonus potential.
Old Driver Scorecard Bonus maximum payout potential = $1,200.00/year
New Safety & Compliance Incentive maximum payout potential = $2,800/year
- Full time drivers will be automatically entered into the incentive program on the first calendar day of the beginning of the next eligible quarter. For example, if a driver is hired Feb 1, the driver will not be enrolled and eligible for the program until the start of the new quarter (in this example, April 1).
- Safety and Compliance Incentive will be paid out quarterly. The driver must be in active driver status at the time of payment to be eligible for payout.
- Payout amounts will be determined based on the driver’s current CSA score range at the beginning of every new quarter using the Carrier Summary (CSMS), as well as any safety/compliance violations accrued. (listed below)
- Drivers must show driving activity within quarter to be eligible*
- Quarterly bonus payout scale details below (1) CSA point range for total eligibility (2) total dollar amount eligibility per CSA range (3) deduction for violations (4) Payout total
- Safety and Compliance violations will include the following:
- Inspection with violation(s)
- Failure to complete assigned Infinit-I classes
- Failure to attend one (1) Driver Safety Meeting per quarter
Failure to properly log at least 10 minutes for both pre and post trip inspections on every piece of equipment utilized
- Any incident or accident deemed preventable
*Driving activity per quarter must equal >75% for incentive eligibility
*All payout amounts are considered income and will be taxed appropriately
Larger document example available in link below.