• Attend GTA training sessions.
• Attend a graduate teaching assistant/departmental advisor meeting at least 5 days before each academic semester begins. The meeting time for the upcoming Fall Semester will be announced.
• Meet on a regular basis with the departmental GTA Advisor
• Assist in 5 laboratories selected from Biology 1406,1407, 1408 or 1409 labs; or assist in 4 laboratories plus one unit of lab preparation for 1 lab course during Spring and Fall Semesters of the academic year.
• Possibly assist and prep two summer session laboratories selected from Biology 1406 and/or 1407.
• Maintain regular office hours, giving assistance to students when needed.
• Enroll in and maintain at least 6 hours of graduate course work each regular semester.
• Foster an atmosphere of learning and academic success at all times while employed.
• Exhibit professional behavior and appearance while employed.
• Complete employee training courses as required of Texas A&M System employees, including a laboratory safety training course.
• Maintain a clean and safe laboratory.
If you have any questions please contact:
Ms. RoseAnne Platt at (806) 651-2570