Optional COVID Testing for Traditional and Hybrid Students
We will begin optional student COVID testing for all Traditional and Hybrid students beginning Tuesday, February 23 between the hours of 12:30 and 2:00 p.m. at Vessels. Testing will continue every Tuesday and Thursday thereafter.
If you are interested in having your child participate in optional testing, please visit the Xpress Urgent Care Website and click the link for “Cypress School District Testing.”
Click the tabs to download, complete, and print the following required forms: § COVID History - Pediatrics (1 copy) § District Student Permission (2 copies)
Click the “Cypress School District Testing” tab to schedule an appointment date and time. Appointments must be scheduled by 3:00 p.m. on the day prior to the requested testing date. Students may only be tested at their school site.
On the day(s) of testing please remember the following:
1. Arrive at school 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time.
2. Check-in at the designated access point in the parking lot by Carousel Daycare (under the EZ-UP). Students will be escorted by staff to the testing area.
3. Present the following documents to the Xpress Urgent Care staff: § COVID History Form (Pediatric) (1 copy) § Permission to Test for COVID (2 copies) § Parent driver license or ID card (2 copies - front only) § Student medical insurance card (2 copies – front and back) The district will cover the cost of on-site testing for students without medical insurance
4. Remain present during testing.
5. Depart campus through the same access point. Staff will escort students back to their classrooms.
Families will receive their child’s results approximately 3-5 days following the test. Test results are confidential; therefore, families must notify the school office if their child tests positive for COVID-19.
Please remember that this is optional and only available to Traditional and Hybrid students.