On arrival at our camps, our guests can be reassured that cleanliness and hygiene are priorities.
- Our staff have easy access to hand washing and hand sanitizing. Temperatures are taken twice a day, with full records kept. Any flu-like symptoms are rigorously monitored.
- Following any time spent away from Camp, Bushtops team members are only allowed back on duty once health checks indicate they are fit and healthy. None of our staff members commute. The teams live on site.
- All staff are trained to keep their distance from guests. They strictly follow our no hand shaking policy as well as sneezing and coughing etiquette.
- All our vehicles are open sided, allowing healthy air to pass. Game drives are conducted by a Ranger and a Spotter, though anyone wanting to limit human contact can opt to venture out with just a Ranger.
- Rangers and spotters wear face masks and wash or sanitize their hands frequently whilst on game drives/transfers.
- Each vehicle is thoroughly disinfected every morning before receiving guests and on return to the camp after a game drive.
- We have introduced a contactless check-in procedure.
-Sanitation protocols govern all shared spaces, such as the restaurant, lounge and reception areas. Hand sanitizers are located throughout the Camps.
Bushtops' rigorous standards of hygiene have been taken up a level, with all tent suites being thoroughly cleaned and sanitized at least twice a day. You can have as much or as little butler service as you wish.
- All our meals are a la carte, so there is no chance of buffet contamination. Tables are well spaced, to support social distancing. Bush breakfasts and lunches are made to order and individually packed, under strict hygiene standards.
- These strict hygiene standards are maintained in the kitchen, where all our chefs and stewards wear face masks.
- All cutlery, crockery, glassware and linen used when dining is kept scrupulously clean. Laminated menus are sanitized after every use.
- The same standards are maintained when serving meals in the privacy of the tent suites or within the camp grounds.