IT Asset Management (ITAM) maintains a warehouse with commonly requested items in stock that can be delivered as needed.
Most end-user IT needs are funded via a HealthCare cost center established by Finance and managed by UKHC IT. For items not funded via the IT cost center, ITAM will request the department cost center and will charge the item to that cost center while processing the purchase.
Items which currently require a funding source:
- Consumer electronics such as iPads, iPods, Android Tablets, and related accessories.
- Data Center technologies including servers, storage, networking.
- All Telephones and related accessories except for Voalte.
- Non-standard peripherals without a specific business justification. Includes keyboards, mice etc. Items which do have a business justification (such as to meet health accommodations) are covered by IT Cost Center.
- Storage media including USB drives, CD’s, DVD’s.
- Printers and print media
- Audio/Video equipment including projectors, televisions, sound systems, etc.
- Dragon Microphones
- Privacy Screens
Requests for non-standard equipment will be addressed on a case by case basis. A business justification will be requested to explain the need for the non-standard equipment. Items which have a clear business need will follow the purchasing guidelines outlined above. Items which do not have clear business need or meet standard criteria will be escalated to management of IT and the department to determine approvals and funding.
Requests for IT purchases funded by a grant should follow the request process outline above to request quotes and equipment specifications. Quotes will be returned to the grant administrator to process the purchase. UKHC IT will assist with receiving, delivering, and setting up the equipment.