MN Department of Administration
This series is designed to walk you through how to get certified and how to put that certification to work and obtain business through the state of Minnesota.
Benefits of Certification Include:
- Eligibility to receive up to 6% preference when bidding on state contracts.
- Eligible to be used on an Equity Select contract (used by buyers for procurements up to $25,000 without having to go to a competitive solicitation; buyers may ONLY utilize certified vendors).
- Some projects are identified as Sheltered Market, to be bid on ONLY by certified vendors.
- Prompter pay – certified vendors are paid in net 15 days versus the usual net 30 days.
- Certifications may be used by other entities, such as MnDOT, Metropolitan Airports Commission, Metropolitan Council.
- Certified vendors are listed first and indicated as certified on state contracts
- Certified vendors are listed in a directory that is accessible by the public
May 28th, 2020
1:00pm - 3:00pm
: Procurement Technical Assistance Center This is the first step in understanding our services and how we can assist in your local, state and federal government contracting efforts. Our Government Procurement Specialists and Vendor Specialists can assist with registrations such as SAM, DSBS, Fedbiz Opps, SWIFT, etc. Learn why to get registered in appropriate databases (SAM, SWIFT), how to obtain certifications for socially and economically-disadvantaged small business programs (Women, Minority, Veteran, Disabled), and other government-procurement subjects.