In this webinar, Sean coversr the
many facets of recording non-fiction audiobooks for commercial publishers. He reveals why non-fiction is so difficult for narrators to record ... and why publishers are constantly seeking voice actors who excel at it.
He also shares the
narration techniques he uses when recording, along with
answering questions from attendees about this challenging genre and the opportunities available for voice over artists who master it.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN ...
- The basic differences between Fiction and Non-Fiction audiobooks
- Why non-fiction is so much more difficult to narrate
- Sean's "3-Step Method" for digging into the text of any non-fiction book and preparing it for reading
- Tips on dealing with WHEN and WHY to alter the text of a non-fiction book
- The "TED Talk" concept of narrating a non-fiction book
- How to balance "speed" vs. "nuance and precision"
- The "secret sauce" of non-fiction narration - sense of humor!
- The "4 Voices of Non-Fiction"
- Why the only thing that should be consistent about your narration is its inconsistency!