Dear Animal Lovers, Advocates, Rescuers & Activists:
Good thing it's a long weekend, cause this is a LONG newsletter!!!
We are in the homestretch on Bill C-246. Vote is Sept. 28th. We truly need hundreds of people to take one option from below list and action it.
Personally, I'll be damned relieved to get this off my desk. And I've nearly walked away at least 3 times in the last month cause I'm so fed up with the topic. But I can't. If I walk away, I know, very clearly, that I remain part of the problem.
So please stay with me, stay with this, and get the job done. The animals are counting on YOU and ME ...
1. Calls to Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs
Chair: The Hon. Dominic LeBlanc
Vice-Chair: The Hon. Judy M. Foote
The Hon. Lawrence MacAulay
The Hon. Marc Garneau
The Hon.. Mélanie Joly
The Hon. Kent Hehr
The Hon. MaryAnn Mihychuk
The Hon. Maryam Monsef
(I'm going to write them all as a group, directly, and demand an "uncanned" response.)
2. Constituents in various ridings need to keep calling their MPs - mobilize your mailing lists and Facebook Pages. Ask specifically for the MP, not their Exec Assistant, and tell them you do NOT want a "canned response". Probe them on their position. Use www.CallYourMP.ca as back up to arguments (Mary Guiffre site - excellent stuff...) Make sure your MP knows that we are tracking and will be publicizing who voted, and how they voted, and making it publicly known Canada. A gentle reminder about accountability never hurt anybody! :)
3. Letters to Editors in various ridings - local media - esp rural ridings, esp week of Sept.19-25, week just before the vote.
4. At riding level, "Google Search" local activism groups, be they family / womens' shelters / rights groups / police associations, Humane Societies, and see if their Exec Director will participate in calling their MPs due to the link between animal abuse and violence, or penning an article to Editor, etc, or, simply promoting media articles to their mailing lists and/or Facebook pages. Whatever is doable. Give them options.
5. Take the time to promote and re-promote ANY social media pieces/editorials on Facebook, most days from 12-8PM, Friday aft is BEST time to post.... If you have any available dollars, BOOST the ad. This is the best way to reach the "unconverted". When you BOOST an article, write up 3 short steps for readers to action - you only have 8 seconds to get their attention. So you mention WHAT you are promoting, HOW it will help the reader, and give them a CALL TO ACTION (call your MP)
If anyone else has articles they want to promote through C4P - please send them to me!!! Will be happy to promote them on Facebook and in C4P Animal Rescue Sunday newsletter.