The California Adult Literacy Professional Development Project (CALPRO) and the California Department of Education are pleased to offer a unique professional learning opportunity! Join other agency teams of ESL instructors, CTE instructors, and program administrators for an Integrated Education and Training (IET) Implementation Clinic.
The format includes four principal features of this unique online professional learning opportunity, which is open to up to 8 agency teams (each team is composed of 3 staff members):
- Two day-long virtual training sessions.
- Live, interactive discussion through three 75-minute online webinars.
- Ongoing online discussions.
- Completion of a capstone project and presentation of the project at the second day-long session.
Program staff who seek more support in meeting the IET implementation challenges they face and are interested in learning from other IET practitioners. Each program team of three (3) staffers will ideally include the ESL instructor, CTE instructor, and the IET program administrator.
REQUIREMENTS OF PARTICIPATION
- Willingness to actively engage in peer and expert discussion and share successes and challenges.
- A commitment to attending all virtual sessions; failure to attend may result in not receiving a certificate of completion for the 23 hours of training.
- Approval from your agency for your application.
Membership and participation are free of charge and open to all California adult education funded programs. Preference will be given to IET program team staff working in an Integrated EL Civics IET program that is funded through Section 243 of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (WIOA, Title II: AEFLA) grant. Not sure if you’re eligible? Let CALPRO help: email email@example.com or call 1-916-286-8803.
Apply online at https://forms.gle/qdqZt4iXR4Cvj33x7 by September 23, 2022, at 5 p.m. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by October 5, 2022. Cohort size: up to 8 agency teams composed of 3 staff per cohort (up to 24 participants). Each member of your 3-person agency team is required to submit an application.
Use the following link to access full details about the IET Implementation Clinic and apply today!