The CAHU Board of Directors sends you our warmest of thoughts and well wishes during this very difficult and challenging time. As businesses, families, and the government respond to the novel Corona virus (COVID-19), the CAHU Board of Directors has remained steadfast in our commitment to our members. The unity and fellowship of our great federation (NAHU) is remarkable as we face calamity with purpose and rally together in support to one another. Here are a few things we would like to share with you.
- We have added a COVID-19 information page to our website providing a comprehensive listing of useful links to state and federal resources.
- CAHU and our local chapters have been faced with making decisions relative to monthly meetings and other events. Most events have been rescheduled to third quarter however, our chapters are creating exceptional online meetings through Zoom, FreeConferenceCall.com, GoToMeeting/Webinar and Virtual Summits Software. Please take advantage of these valuable opportunities for online learning and industry updates. The CAHU Professional Development Committee is standing by to assist any chapters with their questions regarding virtual programs. In addition, NAHU has a wealth of online Professional Development classes which will provide you with valuable professional certifications in addition to Continuing Education credits. Click here for more information.
- Our state lobbyist, California Advocates, in collaboration with the CAHU Rapid Response Team has sent a letter to Governor Newsom’s office, as well as Assembly and Senate leadership offering our support, assistance and guidance, advancing the role and value of CAHU members.
- Due to restrictions currently in place, including the California State Capitol being closed to the public, and with the health and safety of our members being our first priority, it will not be possible to hold our Annual Capitol Summit and CAHU Annual Meeting in May. We are looking at alternative dates in June and will keep you advised. However, our work as advocates continues.
- The CAHU Legislative Council conducted its annual Bill Review on March 12 with our 2020 priority bill list approved by the CAHU Board of Directors on March 17, and is available to members here. Once the legislature returns, it will not be “business as usual.” Legislative leadership has encouraged members to slash all non-essential legislative proposals and focus nearly exclusively on mitigating the fiscal and public health crisis associated with COVID 19. We also encourage you to take advantage of the many high-value legislature updates, podcasts and other information on the CAHU legislative website. These features are accessible for members who log in using their NAHU ID number and email.
- Due to the circumstances associated with COVID-19, Covered California is expanding its Special Enrollment Period for 2020. Please visit the CAHU COVID-19 page for more information.
As we adapt to this temporary new “normal”, we are all making adjustments to best serve our clients and communities. It is the reason CAHU members stand out as our industry’s brightest and best. We will continue to keep you informed and even more important, look forward to seeing you soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail