Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security
(CARES) Act Application
Thank you for applying for the Student Equity & Achievement (SEA) Grant at Grossmont College. While all Student Equity & Achievement funds have been exhausted, there is now additional funding through the federal CARES Act.
However, there are some unique requirements that the federal government has for institutions to award CARES Emergency funds to students:
- First, the U.S. Department of Education has determined that students must be eligible, or potentially eligible, for Title IV Financial Aid to be considered for CARES Act Emergency Grants. This means that students must have filed, and be eligible to file, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students can only be awarded based on increased education-related costs -- not based upon financial need, creating an additional step for students who have already completed the Grossmont SEA Grant application. Please complete the additional survey information required for federal CARES Act Emergency Grants at the following link: https://forms.gle/rhizjGz86CDXx2Cs5
Form steps to complete:
- Enter your First name as it appears on your FAFSA.
- Enter your Last name as it appears on your FAFSA.
- Enter your Grossmont College Student ID number.
- Complete the self-certification and check the appropriate boxes that pertain to your additional expenses due to COVID-19.
- Submit your application.
The Grossmont College Financial Aid office will notify you by email if you are approved for a CARES Act Emergency Grant. All funds will be disbursed through BankMobile.
For additional information on how to sign-up for BankMobile disbursements (if you have not already done so), please visit the following page: