1. How did you first learn about CASA?
A friend of mine who works for the children’s bureau suggested it might be a good volunteer position for me.
2. What made you want to volunteer with CASA, and how long have you been with us?
I wanted to volunteer with CASA because I have a heart for hurting kids and families and wanted to help make a positive impact in their lives.
3. What impact do you feel CASA has in the community?
CASA gives a voice to children who otherwise might not have one.
We help children and their families navigate the foster care system and lend an extra pair of eyes, ears and arms to support them.
4. What is your professional background? (job, schooling, etc.)
I am currently in school for social work, striving to obtain my master’s degree eventually.
5. What other organizations are you involved with? (if any)
6. Briefly tell us about your family.
I have a beautiful, blended family with my husband Mike. We got married in September of 2017 and brought with us my daughter, Vadalynn who is 5, and his son Jesse, who is 9. We also have a dog named Archer, a cat named Trumpet, and ten pretty chickens!
7. What do you like to do in your free time?
I love doing anything outdoors such as hiking, kayaking, or laying in a hammock with a good book.
8. Is there anything else that you’d like us to include?