(Sacramento, CA - June 6, 2019)
CAWA, Representing the Automotive Parts Industry, is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2019 scholarship awards. CAWA provided $14,500 in scholarships this year to fourteen individuals.
"Once again, CAWA is proud to assist these young people in pursuing their education and careers in the auto care industry", said Rodney Pierini, President and CEO, in announcing the awards.
Recipients of the scholarships include:
- Rita Zughbaba - Mort Schwartz Award*- Solano Community College
- Marcus Ramirez - Mort Schwartz Award*- Rio Hondo College
- Benjamin Hart- Cuyamaca College
- Simon Chow - Skyline College
- Madison Sira- Drexel University
- Angel Cuellar- Universal Technical Institute
- Fernando Cruz- University of California
- Merced Clayton Watterson- Northern Montana State University
- Kevin Reynaga- Citrus College
- Caleb McClintock- Rio Hondo College
- Gabriel Lopez- Universal Technical Institute
- Ernesto Candelario- Cerritos College
- Donovan Bean- Mesa Community College
- Melissa Mitchell- Universal Technical Institute
*The highest ranked student awardee
The primary scholarship fundraising effort by CAWA is its annual dinner gala held the Sunday night before the AAPEX and SEMA shows. This year it will be held at Caesar's in Las Vegas on November 3, 2019. "Because of the gracious underwriting of the event by Motorcar Parts of America, CAWA can replenish its scholarship funds by placing all revenues raised at the event towards scholarships", commented Pierini. Scholarship funding also comes from a grant provided by the University of the Aftermarket Foundation.
To contribute to the Association's scholarship fund (see www.cawa.org) or to donate prizes for the annual fundraising auction, contact Rodney Pierini at 800-332-2292, ext. 1201 or email@example.com
CAWA is a regional automotive aftermarket trade association, which represents auto parts jobbers, warehouse distributors, retailers, manufacturers, manufacturer representatives and program groups. The Association provides education, legislative, regulatory and business support to the industry and its membership. It is one of the largest trade associations of its kind in the United States and recognized as a leader in the automotive aftermarket industry. Visit
for further information about the Association.