2-Day Zoom Seminar to be held
March 16-17, 2022
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- All managers responsible for Tenant Certifications should be certified within 90 days and every two years thereafter
- USDA RD is requiring owner/agents to pay note rate rent and late loan payment penalties due to errors in individual certifications or errors in procedure
- Improve results or avoid problems during supervisory visits by learning and practicing the basics as well as the latest changes
The two-day seminar (4 hours/day) will cover the entire spectrum of USDA-RD occupancy regulations and procedures. It provides new managers with the basic skills and reference materials to complete all basic occupancy-related work. Experienced managers will refresh skills and improve compliance
New updated textbook (via link) will be provided
Emphasis is placed on determining eligibility of potential residents, calculating income, and corresponding tenant certification submissions
Deductions and Allowances Segment: This segment of the course will review allowable deduction amounts and allowances for various households
Annual Income Segment: Reviews proper income calculations and determining asset value
Certifications Segment: Reviews the proper completion of a tenant certification as well as the timetables involved with submitting to USDA-RD
Other Segments: A segment will be taught on other types of rental assistance as well as applications and waiting lists
- Completion of seminar qualifies students for certified manager / USDA-RD Certificate of Completion
- Structured to encompass the initial certification as well as re-certification
- Taught by professional property managers with years of experience in successful operation of 515 projects
- Detailed training in USDA-RD 515 Occupancy requirements
- Course reviewed and approved by USDA-RD State Office
- Updated to reflect latest federal and state regulations and policies
Rosemary Lynch, Course Instructor
Certified Property Manager
President of Buckingham Property Management
24 years experience in USDA-RD 515
Managed over 50 USDA-RD sites
After your registration and payment has been received you will be sent a separate email containing two links 72 hours prior to the class.
One link will contain the Zoom login information and the other link will contain the updated textbook.
These links are for the REGISTERED ATTENDEE ONLY and sent to the email address you provide on your registration form.
Upon completion of the seminar training you will be sent a
Certificate of Completion by email.
For any questions email or call Alison Cohen at the CCAH office
California Council for Affordable Housing
1724 10th Street, Suite 110
Sacramento, CA 95811
(916) 444-0286 ext. 263