Renewing Restricted Activities during 2020-2021 Registration Renewal
The online portal for registration renewal is now open until March 31, 11:59 pm. You may access registration renewal by signing into your CDBC online account. This year, the fee for registration renewal for “full” and “temporary” registration classes is $600 for the registration period of April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021. The fee for registration renewal for “non-practicing” registration class is $260.00.
Any registrant who does not renew registration on or before the 11:59:59 pm, March 31, 2020 deadline ceases to be registered and may not practice dietetics as of April 1, 2020. As per CDBC bylaws, section 49 (1) , renewing registration after the deadline incurs a “late” registration fee of $300.00. If you do not intend to renew your registration, please login to your account and choose “Not Renewing” and email
to resign in good standing.
Changes for restricted activities for the 2020-2021 renewal year:
1. There are no longer fees for renewing restricted activities.
2. Proof of competency for restricted activities is no longer required.
3. During registration renewal you will need to select the restricted activities options available to you to confirm continuation of your restricted activities registration.
4. You will be required to report on your restricted activities annually through your Continuing Competency Program (CCP) submissions.
5. When applying for new or renewing registration of restricted activities, you will be required to sign a legal declaration confirming that you are competent to practice your restricted activities.
6. If you want to add a new restricted activity, you can do so before or after your registration renewal through online services. There is a $27 administration fee when adding new restricted activities that you do not currently have.
7. If you wish to discontinue a restricted activity registration you may unselect the restricted activity during renewal.
Below is a step by step video to demonstrate registration renewal for the 2020-2021 year.