Community Development Block Grant Program
Annual Performance Reports due August 1, 2022
To all State CDBG Recipients and Contractors,
The State Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG) for non-entitlement jurisdictions, requires all CDBG Recipients to submit Annual Performance Reports (APRs) documenting any activity that occurred during fiscal year 2021/2022.
The reporting period covers July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022
Please note: HCD has made two major changes to the 2021-2022 APR:
Program Income (PI) – All Grantees must submit a CDBG Program Income and Reporting Solicitation through the eCivis Grants Management Network to report on the amount of PI they have on hand. This applies to all Grantees even those without a Standard Agreement in eCivis.
Section 3 – All construction projects with a Standard Agreement that was executed before November 30, 2020, that exceeded $200,000 must complete Attachment F, contained in the APR Workbook. In addition, any contractors and subcontractors performing work on this Section 3 covered project with a contract of $100,000 or more must complete Attachment F: Section 3 Stand-Alone. However, any Section 3 covered projects with a Standard Agreement that was executed after November 30, 2020, will not report on Section 3 compliance as part of this APR. Additional guidance from HCD is forthcoming.
APR documents must be completed and submitted via email to CDBG@hcd.ca.gov by Monday, August 1, 2022.
Even if there was no activity during the reporting period, all CDBG Recipients must complete and submit the APR Matrix.
- APR Matrix (identifies the required attachments regarding CDBG activity engaged in during the reporting period)
- Attachment B: Minority Business Enterprise/Women Business Enterprise (MBE/WBE)
- Attachments C1, C2, C3: Public Services and ED-Micro TA
- Attachment D: Relocation and Real Property Acquisition
- Attachment E: Fair Housing Demographic Analysis
- Attachment F: Section 3
- Attachment C1: CDBG Public Service (Low/Moderate Area and Urgent Need)
- Attachment C2: CDBG Public Service (Limited Clientele and Low/Moderate Housing)
- Attachment C3: CDBG ED: Micro-Technical Assistance
- Attachment E: CDBG Demographic Analysis
Stand-Alone forms for Contractors and Subcontractors to complete, if required:
Attachments B and F - Stand-Alone
All recipients must follow the following submittal procedures:
HCD will only accept APRs submitted electronically to CDBG@hcd.ca.gov.
Email subject line must be: "Jurisdiction Name - APR" (e.g., Lake County -- APR; Lemoore -- APR, etc.).
- The 2021/2022 APR forms must be used, as they have been revised for the current reporting period. Previous versions of the APR forms will not be accepted.
- Original Excel format only (do not return the APR as a PDF file).
- Submit as an attachment to the email (not in the body of the email).
Need help filling out the forms? Instructions on how to complete the forms are available - Visit APR Instructions.
Questions? Please contact a CDBG Program Manager: