Please click on this Annual Report link for highlights of our accomplishments and innovative programs in Fiscal Year 2017.
Your longstanding support has helped us to address large-scale community needs for 30,000 patients at our health centers, and 20,000 community residents in the community. We addressed social barriers that impact health such as:
- Economic stability -- helping us to grow, create jobs, and hire people from the communities we serve, and offer programs that give marginalized people of all ages opportunities to build their skills, train for careers and increase their earning potential.
- Physical and neighborhood Safety -- funding our efforts to eliminate barriers to healthy habits with substance abuse treatment programs, transportation assistance, mobile screening, anti-violence programs, trauma response and recovery teams, and safe spaces for physical activity like our Fitness Center and Community Garden. We also partner with Boston Police and community agencies to reduce neighborhood violence.
- Education - supporting activities to foster academic success like our partnerships with local college training programs to produce medical and dental assistants, registered nurses, phlebotomists, and psychologists from minority and low-income backgrounds; and youth programming that prevents "summer slide" and offers math tutoring during the school year.
- Food Security -- quantifying a problem that impacts about half of our patientsand addressing it with distribution of food vouchers and produce from partner organizations and our own community garden; and plans for an on-site food pantry.
- Culturally and Contextually Sensitive Care -- using outreach programs to educate, engage and empower vulnerable and difficult to reach residents, connecting them to primary care and encouraging them to embrace healthy lifestyle choices.
We care for every patient who walks in the door, regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay. Each year, we provide free health care to 33% of our adult patients and 40% of our young patients and free social services. Generous friends like you help make that possible!
These are difficult and uncertain times for Community Health Centers and we need your financial support more than ever! Please consider making a further investment in the health of Boston's neighborhoods by donating today. Thank you!
Frederica M. Williams
President & CEO