FROM THE DESK OF THE PRESIDENT,
Dear Members and Friends:
Anchorage, Alaska Western States is wonderful! We visited the Pioneer School House built in 1915 by the GFWC Anchorage Woman’s Club. The members had a lovely reception and tour for us.
The business sessions were informative, with nine State Presidents reporting. We had a membership, leadership and communications interactive workshop. LEADS graduates spoke and there was lots of fundraising.
We got to hear great motivational speeches from International President Deb Strahanoski and GFWC President Elect Suellen Brazil sharing their visions on membership, projects and the GFWC strategic plan for the next two years.
"Awakening the power within us" got us all enthusiastic on membership.
Speaking of membership, the Fall Boards are in just a couple of weeks. Please register soon. Attendance is required for:
* elected and appointed officers for this administration.
* District Presidents or alternate members of their district,
* District First Vice Presidents or alternate members of their district,
* CFWC Program Chairmen, Administrative and Special Appointment Chairmen, and
* Past CFWC State Presidents.
I will be home late Monday night and look forward to seeing you all soon!
Love and Aloha,