What is the Hot Seat and how do I get in it?
The Hot Seat is for someone who has a concern about their business and they need constructive help. They typically share 4-5 concerns and the members of the audience (business professionals) offer solutions and advice.
Is there a fee to attend?
Do I have to become a member?
Who is the moderator?
Joan De Souza is passionate about helping business owners succeed. She spent 30 years in executive management at the L.A. Times and has also run her own business. She understands group dynamics and started the B4B Think Tank to get results for small to medium size businesses.
People who attend the Think Tank are finding value in coming together, face-to-face, away from technology to get great advice from all types of people with diverse backgrounds.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes, as many as you want but please let us know how many are coming.
How many people usually attend?
Is this a networking group?
Yes but no. You will meet lots of interesting people. It's up to you to make the connection.
What is the format of the meeting?
- We start on time at 7:30am. You can come early at 7am to network.
- We go around the room for brief introductions.
- We hear from the previous month's Hot Seat participant who has 5 minutes to give us an update with what they have done with our advice.
- We meet this month's Hot Seat participant. They have 5 minutes to tell us what they need help with.
- The Hot Seat participant is not allowed to speak for 15 minutes while the audience offers suggestions. They can take notes but they must focus purely on the suggestions.
- The Hot Seat participant can then answer any questions and add any more information that will help with suggestions. They go quiet for another 15 minutes.
- Sometimes we have a sponsor and they get 5 minutes to talk about their business. If you'd like to be a sponsor, contact Joan De Souza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We end our meeting at 8:45am.