March 11, 2020
In response to concerns about the rapid spread of COVID-19, the Cleveland Institute of Music has canceled all public events and performances through April 6, 2020.
Decisions about performances scheduled between April 7 and April 20 will be made in the coming weeks, and we will update you when there is more information.
The following events are canceled, and unfortunately will not be rescheduled:
- March 13, Preparatory Chamber Music Master Class
- March 14, Suzuki Recital
- March 15, Preparatory String Department Recital
- March 18, Faculty Recital: Olga Dubossarskaya Kaler & Kathryn Brown
- March 19, Callisto Quartet Recital
- March 21, Darius Milhaud Performance Prize Concert
- March 21, Preparatory Piano Department Recital
- March 22, Cleveland Youth Wind Symphonies Concert
- March 23, Chamber Music Master Class
- March 25, Faculty Recital: Franklin Cohen & Peter Takács
- March 27, Music Theory Colloquium
- March 27, CIM Orchestra Concert at Severance Hall
- March 29, Chamber Music Master Class
- March 30, Cello Master Class
- April 1, Faculty Recital: Gerardo Teissonnière
- April 2, Musical Luncheon Series: Celebrating the Centennial
- April 2, Preparatory Concerto Showcase
- April 4, New Music Symposium
- April 4, Preparatory Piano Department Recital
- April 5, New Music Ensemble Concert
Student recitals may take place as scheduled, although members of the public will not be able to attend in person. You may access the livestream broadcasts through CIM’s website. Visit
to find the events calendar; events that are not marked Canceled will have livestream links added as they become available.
Please note that CIM’s Box Office is open only by phone through April 6
(regular hours M-F, 10am-3pm, 216.791.6770); guests will not be allowed to visit in person.
There are currently no confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 at CIM, but we take the health and safety of our campus community and our audiences very seriously. If you would like to learn more about the measures enacted so far, visit our
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!