CIRA Pilot Projects: Now Accepting Letters of Interest
CIRA's 2021 Pilot Project cycle is now open. Click on this link for details and requirements. To submit a Letter of Interest, please complete the online survey by March 15, 2021. This year, all CIRA affiliates are eligible to apply as PIs.
- Letter of Intent Due: March 15, 2021
- Application Deadline: April 26, 2021
- Pilot Project Review Panel: May 2021
- Awards Announcement Expected: May 2021
- Earliest Start Date: June 1, 2021 (dependent on IRB and NIMH approval)
If you have any questions about this announcement, please contact Katie Doucet (email@example.com), Assistant Director of CIRA's Development Core. If you wish to discuss a project you are considering for submission, please contact LaRon Nelson, Director of CIRA's Development Core.
Recording Available: CIRA Community Conversations: Can mindfulness promote the well-being of LGBTQ people?
During February's Community Conversation titled Can mindfulness promote the well-being of LGBTQ people?, CIRA affiliate and Brown University Assistant Professor Dr. Shufang Sun talked with Yale School of Public Health's Diane Frankel-Gramelis about her clinical and research experiences on the promises and potential pitfalls of mindfulness-based interventions for sexual minority health.
View Recording (Recorded February 17, 2021)
HIV in the USA
A new Lancet series published on February 19, 2021, "HIV in the USA", outlines the ongoing challenges to ending the HIV epidemic and recommendations to overcome barriers to implementing HIV services, such as counseling, testing, treatment, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), and syringe services programs. The six-paper series underscores pronounced racial, sexual, and gender disparities; substantial gaps in domestic program funding; and due to geography and the patchwork health-care system, limited access to HIV treatment and prevention services.
- Overview of the series
- Read the series
- YSPH Seminar in Chronic Disease Epidemiology: "Improving Access and Quality of Addiction Treatment Across Settings: Local Efforts to Promote Change"
Dates: Tuesday, February 23, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
Presenters: Jennifer Edelman, MD, MHS, Paul Joudrey, MD, MPH, Melissa Weimer, DO, MCR, FASAM, Yale School of Medicine
- Reflection on Policy Implementation Science: Growing the Field
Dates: Tuesday, February 23, 1:00 pm-2:30 pm
- Medical Mistrust and Distrust: Past and Present
Dates: Wednesday, February 24, 3:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Implementation Science Beachside Chats
Dates: February 25, March 25, April 29, May 27, 3:00 pm EST (12:00 pm PST)
Organizer: The UCLA Rapid, Rigorous, Relevant (3R) Implementation Science Hub
- Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH)'s Global Health Satellite Sessions
Dates: March 1-11, 2021
Description: Topics include implementation science, telemedicine, health research in conflict settings, stigma reduction research, mobile health, and many more. Separate registration per session is required. These sessions are open access and attendees do not need to register for the main conference to participate.
- The Challenge of Integrating STI Services within HIV PREP Services
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 7:45 am-8:45 am
- New Pandemic, Old Inequities: Impacts of COVID-19 and HIV on Marginalized Populations
Date: Thursday, March 4, 1:00 pm-2:30 pm
- Program for Art in Public Spaces: "Community in a Time of Crisis: Yale, New Haven, and HIV/AIDS, 1981-1996"
Date: Tuesday, March 4, 5:00 pm-6:00 pm
- 18th Annual Dorothy Awards
Date: Saturday, March 13, 6:00 pm
Join the New Haven Pride Center as they honor LGBTQ+ Nutmeggers that are having an impact and creating positive change for Connecticut's LGBTQ+ community. Registration is required. Attendance is free.
- CIRA IRM Core Qualitative Research Discussion Group (QRDG)
Date: Friday, March 19, 12:00 pm-1:30 pm
Topic and Presenter TBA
Contact: Lauretta Grau (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Call for Abstracts: National LGBTQ Health Conference
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 1, 2021
Conference Dates: May 20–21
- Call for Abstracts: The COVID-19 Pandemic: Media, Misinformation, and Science Communication
Submission Due Date: March 29 at 8:00 am
Conference Dates (Virtual): May 13-14
Download a PDF compilation of active funding opportunities. Opportunities previously not listed are below.
- Yale Center for Clinical Investigation (YCCI) Awards and Programs
Eligibility: Yale only
Due dates for letter of intent and applications can be viewed in the individual RFAs.
- Scholar Awards
- Multidisciplinary Post-Doctoral Training Program
- Multidisciplinary Pre-Doctoral Training Program
- Harold Amos Medical Faculty Development Program (AMFDP)
Application Due Date: March 17 at 3:00 pm
- Center for Health Economics of Treatment Interventions for Substance Use Disorder, HCV, and HIV (CHERISH): Pilot Grant Cycle 7
Letter of Intent Due Date: February 26
Application Due Date: March 26
- Partnering and Communicating Together
Application Due Date: April 5, 2021
- Funding Overview
- Systems for Action: Systems and Services Research to Build a Culture of Health
Informational Webinar: March 17 at 2:00 pm
Letter of Intent Due Date: April 30 at 3:00 pm
Application Due Date: June 9 at 3:00 pm
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Medical Consequences of Smoking and Vaping Drugs of Abuse in Individuals with HIV and COVID-19
First Available Due Date: May 5, 2021
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Long-Term Neurocognitive Consequences of COVID-19 in Individuals Living with HIV and Substance Use Disorders
First Available Due Date: May 07, 2021
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Telehealth Strategies for Individuals with HIV and Substance Use Disorders
First Available Due Date: May 07, 2021
- Core outcomes set for research on the treatment of opioid use disorder (COS-OUD): the National Institute on Drug Abuse Clinical Trials Network protocol for an e-Delphi consensus study
Niranjan S Karnik, Cynthia I Campbell, Megan E Curtis, David A Fiellin, Udi Ghitza, Kathryn Hefner, Yih-Ing Hser, R Kathryn McHugh, Sean M Murphy, Sterling M McPherson, Landhing Moran, Larissa J Mooney, Li-Tzy Wu, Dikla Shmueli-Blumberg, Matisyahu Shulman, Robert P Schwartz, Kari A Stephens, Katherine E Watkins, John Marsden
Trials. 2021 Jan 28;22(1):102. doi: 10.1186/s13063-021-05051-9.
- Results from Project GOLD: A pilot randomized controlled trial of a psychoeducational HIV/STI prevention intervention for black youth
Bridgette M Brawner, Loretta Sweet Jemmott, Alexandra L Hanlon, Alicia J Lozano, Sarah Abboud, Charisse Ahmed, Gina Wingood
AIDS Care. 2021 Feb 8;1-19. doi: 10.1080/09540121.2021.1874273. Online ahead of print.
- Prevalence and Co-occurrence of Alcohol, Nicotine, and Other Substance Use Disorder Diagnoses Among US Transgender and Cisgender Adults
Jaclyn M W Hughto, Emily K Quinn, Michael S Dunbar, Adam J Rose, Theresa I Shireman, Guneet K Jasuja
JAMA Network Open. 2021 Feb 1;4(2):e2036512. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2020.36512.
NOTE: All times are expressed in Eastern Time unless otherwise noted. All dates refer to 2021 unless otherwise noted.