CITY OF GULFPORT MOVES TO PHASE 2 REOPENING
On June 3, 2020, Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-139, to go into effect Friday, June 5, 2020 for all counties in the State of Florida outside of Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties.
According to this Executive Order, the entities and businesses allowed to operate during Phase 2 and the guidelines for each are outlined below:
- Bars and pubs may operate at 50 percent of their indoor capacity, excluding employees, and full capacity outdoors (this does not apply to nightclubs).
- Restaurants may allow bar-top seating.
- Retail establishments may operate at full capacity.
- Gyms and fitness centers may operate at full capacity.
- Entertainment businesses, including but not limited to, movie theatres, concert halls, auditoriums, bowling alleys, arcades, playhouses and casinos may operate at 50 percent capacity.
- Pari-mutuel facilities may seek approval to operate with written request from the County Administrator to the Secretary of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
- Personal services, including but not limited to, tattooing, body piercing, acupuncture, tanning and massage may operate with appropriate safety guidelines as outlined by the Department of Health.
All businesses must adhere to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for social distancing and sanitization.
The City of Gulfport is closely monitoring the coronavirus, COVID-19. The health and safety of our residents is our top priority. Should you need to speak to a City Staff member, please call (727) 893-1000.