City of Gulfport
2401 53rd Street South
Gulfport, FL 33707
For Immediate Release, 4/3/2020 – 5:00 PM
CITY OPERATIONS: COVID-19
are working closely with our federal, state, county, and local partners
including DOH-Pinellas, law enforcement, fire/EMS, and schools during this COVID-19 pandemic.
is supporting the coordination, planning, resources application, and responses with our community and government partners.
City Call Center
has expanded its question criteria to better assist our residents. Should you need to speak to a City Staff member, please call (727) 893-1000.
team continues to share messaging with residents and community groups via the city website, email newsletter, the television station, and across social media.
The City’s Sanitation and Public Works Departments have enhanced our
protocols to protect our employees and residents.
Building and Community Development
department has closed access to the office and permitting counter. Permitting will be conducted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions in regards to permitting, please call (727) 893-1024 or email email@example.com. All payments will be collected via credit card over the phone.
- Outside inspections will continue by calling the inspection line at (727) 893-1057.
- If you need to request an interior inspection, please call (727) 893-1024.
ship store and boat ramp is open; following the CDC's social distancing guidelines. The Marina’s fuel dock is open; boats need to remain 50 feet apart per FWC. Reservations for the mooring field and transient docks are temporarily closed. The pump out vessel is operating on normal scheduled hours. The Marina’s day room is closed. The Marina’s bathrooms and laundry rooms are open. Call (727) 893-1071 to reach Marina Staff.
services building remains closed to the Public. If you have a police emergency, please dial 911. The non-emergency police phone number is (727) 582-6177.
- If you absolutely need to come to the police station, there is a telephone outside the front door that will automatically connect you to the dispatch center so that an officer can respond if necessary.
- The following police services remain suspended:
- Bicycle registration
- Prescription drug drop-off
- Parking permits (enforcement of resident parking restrictions will also be suspended)
- Police officers are being instructed to respond to calls via telephone whenever possible. They will respond to major crimes, crimes in progress, or if there is evidence that needs to be observed or collected. Other calls will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- We will continue to patrol and enforce criminal and traffic laws, although officers are being advised to maintain safe distances and to not have personal contact (i.e. handshaking) with people unless absolutely necessary.
has suspended all customer walk-in service activities until further notice. City Residents with Utility, Water, and Sewer billing questions are advised to call (727) 893-1016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Customers who would like to pay their bill over the phone via credit card are advised to call (727) 893-1017. Credit card/electronic payment processing fees have been temporarily waived to promote remote payment. Utility credit card payments can be made online at
- All disconnections to utility accounts due to non-payment are suspended. Customers should pay what they can to avoid building up a large balance that will be harder to pay off later.
- Customer service representatives are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If you have a water emergency after normal operating hours, please call the non-emergency police number at (727) 582-6177.
Gulfport Fire and EMS
are responding in capable full status, no decompensation and degradation in service as of today. Emergency first responders have expanded their personal protective gear and sanitation protocols. You may see our first responders waring additional equipment such as masks and gloves – no reason to worry as this is a precautionary step to stay as safe as possible.
- The Gulfport Public Library remains closed to the Public and no fines will be incurred during this time. The Library will also distribute the latest at https://www.facebook.com/GulfportLibrary. If you have any questions, please leave a message at (727) 894-1074, a member of staff will return your call.
- The Gulfport Public Library has a number of free services patrons can utilize to checkout eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, or learn a language. Simply go to the https://mygulfport.us/gpl. A number of vendors are also extending free services to the public through public libraries. As these become available we will keep the public informed through our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GulfportLibraryFL/.
Public Works Department
is working the regular sanitation and recycling pickup schedules. At this time there is no change to the sanitation and Wednesday brush pickup service. Call (727) 893-1089 to speak to a Public Works Customer Service Representative if you have any questions or concerns.
- City of Gulfport parks, including dog parks and the tennis courts, are open.
- All fitness areas, playgrounds, beach pavilions, Casino boat dock, volleyball courts, and the municipal beach, including public beach parking, are closed.
- The County is requiring that community pools remain closed.
Gulfport Recreation Center’s
programs and classes are closed including Teen Night, After School, Tot-time and VPK. All rentals of pavilions and recreational areas are suspended until further notice. The lobby area at the Recreation Center is closed. The skate park and field remains open; the basketball courts are closed.
Multipurpose Senior Center
- All Senior Center activities, classes, and groups are cancelled until further notice.
- This closure includes the GEMS Transportation Service. Staff will be available to provide alternate transportation and / or delivery options to medical appointments by calling (727) 893-2242.
- Reassurance calls will continue as normal.
- Senior Center Staff will facilitate the food pantry to serve residents in need.
- Additionally, the City of Gulfport is working closely with Neighborly Care Network (NCN) to ensure delivery of their services will continue. Please contact NCN at (727) 344-2111 for more information.
Gulfport Casino Cultural and Community Special Events
remain suspended until further notice. All Cultural Facilities are closed to the public until further notice. Please call (727) 893-1070 for more information.