Dear CJDS Community,
I hope that you are all enjoying some sunshine.
For tonight’s weekly update, I am pleased to share that Governor DeWine shared the guidelines for school reopening in today’s briefing. The 5 major areas were as follows:
- Assessing for symptoms for all students, teachers and staff
- Washing/Sanitizing hands regularly
- Thorough cleaning of surfaces and facilities
- Social distancing - 6 feet between everyone
- Implementing Face covering policy with masks or face shields
We announced last week that
CJDS plans to reopen in August with all students in the building 5 days a week.
With the considerations above, we are confident that this is still possible with our small classes and large classrooms. CJDS’s task force continues to meet and will be taking today’s guidelines into consideration as we make our reopening plans.
Please continue to reach out if you have any questions or concerns to share. Additionally, please be sure to be in touch if you would like to discuss any accommodations that you feel you may need.
If you missed last week’s email with more information about the work of the task force and about our new Admissions cycle, we have linked them
Have a wonderful July 4th weekend!
All the best,