OMT Study Group
Michigan Osteopathic Association will host an osteopathic learning experience for all interested osteopathic faculty, osteopathic physicians, and trainees. There is no charge for attendance and no CME provided as the program will be based on the needs of the attendees, but pre-registration is required.
Membership in the MOA is not required and students, interns and residents are encouraged to attend.
Date: Saturday March 14, 2020
Time: 9:30 to 11:30 am.
Location: MOA offices, 2445 Woodlake Circle, Okemos, MI
Objectives and process for the study group will be initially discussed at first meeting. Mary Goldman, DO, will lead the first meeting and serve as MOA liaison, but the group will develop its own direction. The objectives for the study group will be:
- Make physicians and trainees more comfortable utilizing OMT in practice, which involves discussing the benefit of OMT to patients according to their individual presentations
- Provide guidance on difficult cases
- Help osteopaths and future osteopaths understand the many options in patient treatment
- Help develop hand sensitivity and understanding of philosophy and techniques at a level that would be difficult to achieve in a classroom focusing on certifying proficiency
- Share training in osteopathy that is not readily available to practicing physicians and trainees
- Utilize OMT and osteopathic principles to find the health in our physician and trainee population
- Develop a rich and rewarding learning osteopathic community