It is hard to believe that we are at the beginning of December and quickly approaching winter break. It will soon be time to return to our in-person CMEA Conference at the end of January. The entire CMEA Board and staff are excited to welcome you back in January.
According to the Colorado Department of Health, as of November 24, 2021, Colorado has administered 81.1% of single-shot COVID-19 shots to eligible residents, and 73.29% are fully vaccinated. However, infections are rising again, the state positivity rate is 8.99%, and the ultra-contagious Delta variant now accounts for 100% of new infections. Attending an in-person event presents a certain amount of risk. Every individual must weigh their situation and risk factors when considering whether to attend the CMEA 2022 Conference. The CMEA Board of Directors also understands that we must put in place policies that will protect our attendees and the community that surrounds us during our conference. Below is information you can use to help make an informed decision on your participation in the 2022 conference. It is important to note that these protocols could change based on county and state health mandates.
• CMEA conference participants will be required to wear a mask while in all indoor designated conference spaces. When outside, walking between buildings, and outside of conference scheduled times, masks will not be required for those individuals that are fully vaccinated. There will be no exemptions made to the policy for conference attendees. Masks will be available at the registration desk and in the exhibit hall, as well as hand sanitizer in small bottles.
• The Broadmoor Hotel, the official hotel of the CMEA Conference, will follow local requirements concerning mask mandates. Currently, hotel staff has the option not to wear a mask if they are fully vaccinated. CMEA attendees are likely to encounter hotel staff and other hotel that are not part of the CMEA Conference who are un-masked.
• CMEA selected Honor Performing Groups/Demonstration Groups will be asked to follow school district policies regarding performing with or without masks. However, all CMEA selected Honor Performing Group members must be masked when not on stage and actively performing.
• All-State Jazz Choir participants will be masked at all times when rehearsing, performing, and participating in conference activities.
• All-State Jazz Band participants will be masked with cloth performance band masks at all times when rehearsing and performing. While participating in conference activities, they must be masked in regular masks at all times.
• Performing groups will be allowed a limited number of tickets based on two tickets per student actively participating in the performing group. To obtain a ticket, each audience member must present a signed CMEA Health Waiver to receive a ticket. Audience members must be masked at all times. Directors of performing groups or their designee will exchange signed health waivers for the correct number of tickets, two hours prior to their performance at the CMEA registration desk.
• All registrants and conference participants, including exhibitors, student performers, and audience members, will be required to read and agree to the 2022 CMEA Attendee Liability Waiver. Participants for the 2022 conference will not be admitted to the conference without a signed waiver form, either through the goggle waiver link or through a signed form. Use this link to complete and submit the waiver in a google form.
• Information about the Broadmoor Hotel’s cleaning standards can be found at www.broadmoor.com .
Over the next eight weeks changes to these policies may occur. The website and these health and safety measures will be updated as needed. This is a challenging time for everyone, and we need to remember that we are all doing our best to navigate these changing times. It is important for all to understand that we all have the best interest of our students, participants, and audience members at the forefront as the CMEA Board makes these decisions.
Again, we look forward to seeing you in January.
CMEA CONFERENCE REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Conference Pre-registration open until December 17, 2021.