What You'll Learn in This Webinar
With the increasing popularity of public clouds as a source of capacity for even mission critical applications, organizations need to expand the role of capacity management teams to include these environments. Rather than simplifying the capacity optimization function, public clouds offer a new set of challenges and complexities to consider, not the least of which is the variable cost of these services and concerns about escalating bills. These new challenges, however, benefit from many of the same underlying analysis techniques that enabled resource optimization in traditional virtual environments.
Join Andrew Hillier, co-founder and CTO of Densify as he outlines 7 strategies for optimizing public cloud capacity. In this session Andrew will identify low hanging fruit through to advanced strategies relating to right-sizing, modernization, reserved instances, scale groups and containers that deliver up to 80% savings on public cloud costs while ensuring app performance and compliance.
Major topics to be discussed include:
- Public cloud cost optimization strategies that deliver savings from 20-80%
- What analysis techniques and approaches are critical to cloud optimization
- How to precisely analyze the right cloud options and services for your workloads
- Approaches for optimization when app owners are unwilling to resize their instances
- How to transition capacity management from a cyclical planning process to one that matches the dynamic cloud ecosystem