This is the shoot we all wait for, and this year we had to wait even longer. But it is time for the MAINE STATE SPORTING CLAYS CHAMPIONSHIPS.
It is VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL.
Scarborough Fish & Game is proud to host the 2020 Maine State Championships starting on Thursday, August 13 - Sunday, August 16. This year's shoot will have most of the same events as previous years but will run a little different. This shoot will be European start for all events (woods course & sub gauge courses are both open 8am - 3pm all four days) and you will register for the days you wish to shoot, similar to the last few events. When you are ready to shoot the Main event we will assign a referee to go with your squad and they will stay with you around the course. You can shoot the events in any order you wish.
The 100 target events (on the woods course):
Pelletier Memorial, Super Sporting, and Maine State Championship
The 50 target events (on the sub gauge course):
12 gauge, 12 gauge fluff, super sporting,
20 gauge, 28 gauge, .410 bore, pump, and side x side
To register, please let me know what days you wish to shoot and what day you would prefer to shoot the Main event (this will help us plan referees).
All events are European start
(no pre-squadding, you will squad yourself),
but you MUST register that you (and your squad mates) are coming and the day(s) you wish to shoot.
Also, back by popular demand, Greg and Sharon will be serving lunch again. It will be burgers and hot dogs with other sides, served pre-packaged, out the window for outside consumption (dining room is still closed).
We are still operating under some COVID restrictions.
It is up to you to determine if you meet the state requirements...please don’t ask us. As those of you who have attended our previous shoots have seen, we have created an environment where you can come shoot and have fun, while feeling safe and comfortable. Additionally:
• Squad size is limited to 5 people
• We are asking that you be respectful of others and stay 6ft apart. Just because you are comfortable, doesn’t mean someone else is.
• One person at a time in the club house to register.
• Please do not gather in the parking lot in large groups, and if you are with other people, please stay 6ft apart. If we can't maintain social distance, we have to require masks at all times on the property (none of us want that).
• When you're on the course, please wait at the signs outside each station. Do not enter the stations until the other squad has completely left the station. Again, just because you're comfortable doesn’t mean someone else is. Please be respectful.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone for this year's Maine State Sporting Clays Championships.
Can't wait to see you on the range!