Hello Parents & Families,
We invite you to join us this evening for an
in the Conant Gallery at 6-7:30 PM
featuring work by Michael Alfano
(see pic below).
The event is free, open to all, and there will be live music and refreshments.
Monday, January 21 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
In a change from previous years,
classes WILL be in session at LA
. A special assembly will be held at 2:00 PM that afternoon and students will have regular practices.
Monday, JANUARY 28, is a "Head's Holiday
- Only varsity teams will practice.
- Girls' varsity basketball will play their game.
- There will be a rehearsal for theatre.
- Classes will resume on Tuesday, Feb. 29.
Finally, we are looking for volunteers to help with this years
Faculty/Staff appreciation lunch
on February 7. Please
Other News & Notes...
- PA Meeting January 22 at 6:30 PM in the Media Conference Center (MCC); volunteer updates and comments from LA Head of School, Dan Scheibe
- Class of 2020 Parent Pot Luck Dinner, at the home of Win and Wendy Brown (Anya '20), 2 Old Lowell Road, Westford, Mass. RSVP to Wendy Brown by January 22.
- PA Program: Saturday February 9 at 10:30 AM in the MCC; learn about Academic and Student life at LA with Assistant Head of School for Academic Life, Jamie Baker, and Assistant Head of School for Student Life, Libby Margraf.
- Any student interested in changing their status during Winterim (day to boarding or boarding to day) should complete the appropriate forms by Monday, February 18.
- Class of 2019 Community Service Hours: Verification of this year’s (or any past-owed) community service hours for students in the class of 2019 are due by February 23.
- Save The Date for Grandparents Day, April 24, 2019. Click here to submit Grandparent info so that we can be sure to send them an invitation to this event.
- Save the Date: Parents’ Association Spring Social May 4. For more information, please see the attached letter or contact Noreen Britt (Clayton '19), Sheri Beran (Cameron '19, Megan '20).
- UPDATED Volunteer trip for women in the LA community to "Give Kids The World Village" in central Florida, June 18-22; Please see the attached for more info. The deadline to express interest has been extended to January 28. The trip has been reduced in length and cost.
- Check out the Summer Opportunity in Italy on The Page.
- As always, don’t forget to peruse The Page and check out the Weekly Academic Newsletter for all the most up to date information!
Have a great weekend!