Dear Families of NCE kids,
Here's the news—
the NCE Kids summer program will be running entirely online through the month of July. Although the Governor's announcement earlier this week left open the possibility that camps could reopen this summer, we felt we could not adequately prepare for both scenarios, so have chosen to focus on online programs.
It's with a mix of disappointment and excitement that I write this. I will miss seeing your kids this summer—I so enjoy visiting with them in our classes, getting to know them a bit, and reveling in their work and discoveries—but I am truly excited about our online program. Our instructors have done a wonderful job reworking their classes to run online or inventing new ones, and some terrific new instructors have joined our staff as well.
I hope you’ll take some time to review our online summer classes and choose those that appeal to you. Rest assured that our May 31 cancellation deadline for in-person classes does not apply at this point; you can receive a refund for those at any time.
Here are a few things you should know about our online summer program:
- Many of the classes originally scheduled to run in person will now run online.
- Those of you already enrolled in summer classes with us will have priority registration for their online counterparts.
- If you’re enrolled in a class that will not run and has no online counterpart, we will contact you directly.
- Most of our classes will run Monday-Friday for two hours each, 10am-12pm or 2-4pm.
- We’re in the process of exploring the viability of our full-day sports camps and will be back in touch with more information on that as we receive updates from the state.
- Innovations will not be offered this summer. (We thought long and hard but decided it would not be the same in an online format.) Enrolled campers will receive priority registration next year.
- PLEASE SIGN UP EARLY. As you’ll soon see in our descriptions, many classes will have materials kits for you to pick up, and we want to be sure to include you in our count!
You may be experiencing your own moment of disappointment about summer, but take a look at the list below and you’re sure to share some of my excitement too. We’re putting the finishing touches on the online summer program now, but this is a preview of what’s to come. We look forward to sharing our complete program with you next week, and we’re confident your kids can still do what they love or learn something new with NCE this summer.
Kids Program Director, NCE