is proud to sponsor
Lorenza Holt, BDT (DONA)
Spinning Babies Approved Trainer
Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24 * 1-5PM
(attendance both days required
309 Main St., Watertown, MA 02472
This workshop is for midwives, childbirth educators, doulas, nurses, nurse practitioners, obstetricians,
prenatal yoga instructors, prenatal bodyworkers, perinatal case managers, community health workers and others who work with birthing women.
The Three Principles of Spinning Babies are
Balance, Gravity and Movement
Learn how to encourage and support pregnant women in having more comfortable pregnancies, and birthing mothers in having easier labors,
by using the
Spinning Babies techniques.
Spinning Babies will teach you about:
- The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant uterus and the soft tissues that support the pelvic structure
- Belly Mapping - a fun and effective way that encourages mothers to connect with how their babies are positioned inside them during the last weeks of pregnancy
- The effects of an occiput posterior labor
- Assessing what a stalled labor pattern is telling us
- What techniques we can apply to ease labor progress through the three levels of the pelvis
Spinning Babies will help you know when to do what and why, so that you can assist a "failure to progress" by using techniques that can help a baby to engage, rotate, and descend through the three levels of the pelvis.
is an approved Spinning Babies trainer, BACE-certified childbirth educator, DONA approved birth doula trainer and a practicing doula. She has been a birth advocate in the Boston area for over 25 years. Passionate about normal birth, Lorenza has supported hundreds of laboring women.
Come join us for an unforgettable training!
Continuing Education Credits: BACE/NMC
contact hours have been applied for.
(DONA credits are
recognized by ICEA and Lamaze). Meets criteria of the Comm. of MA Board of Nursing regulations: (244 CMR, section 5:00) for continuing education for nursing re-licensure for 8.4 contact hours.