Senior Innovation Consultant
Bring your drive for excellence, team orientation and customer commitment to Independence Blue Cross; help us renew and reimagine our business and shape the future of health care. Our organization is looking to diversify, grow, innovate and serve, and we are looking for committed, empowered, learning-oriented people to join our team. If this describes you, we want to speak with you.
The Seinior Innovation Consultant will work with Innovation team members and IBX associates to coordinate innovation programs and projects from inception to execution. This individual will work collaboratively across the organization to promote a culture of innovation, and support the elicitation process for collecting, assessing, storing and directing ideas. The Senior Innovation Consultant will also work with customer and community groups to support innovation programming and projects.
· Facilitate internal and external customer groups through design thinking processes
· Communicate Innovation methods and practices to the users to enhance understanding and practical application through workshops, innovation sessions, and other programming
· Recommend application of Innovation practices to users based on evaluation of user facts, circumstances and requirements
· Conduct and synthesize design research, including interviews and secondary research
· Assess innovation ideas and proposals and recommend disposition
· Support innovation project execution for projects generated through ideation initiatives in conjunction with designated points of contacts across business units, cross-functional resources and leadership.
· Participate in planning of innovation events and activities internally and externally
· Report status and metrics on internal innovation activity
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, Communications, Healthcare Management/Policy, Psychology, Marketing or similar disciplines, or equivalent knowledge acquired by work experience and training
· Three (3) or more years in Innovation, Change Management, Process Improvement, Organizational Development (OD) , , consulting, or related fields required.
· Experience with project management, project facilitation, matrix management preferred.
· Ability to effectively guide groups in facilitation sessions and demonstrate a high degree of emotional intelligence and flexibility
· Ability to synthesize information and ask targeted and meaningful questions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent public speaking skills
· Ability to effectively scale content to large or small client groups internally and externally
· Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
· Ability to work both independently and with a team
· Experience facilitating sessions in a hybrid environment (both in person and remote)