It was a pleasure having the students back in person this week. Next week more students will be returning as the 19th marks the start of the third quarter. This is a good time to refresh school supplies including masks if necessary as we start the ‘second half’ of the year.
Students returning to school for the first time after being a distance learner should inform the school of transportation plans – walker/bike, car, bus, after-care. Please make sure you notify the bus company if that is your mode of transportation. In addition, if you will be sending your child to after-care, be sure they are registered, and you have the necessary paperwork filled out. Car riders are called once the busses pull out at roughly 2:23.
Starting on the 19th, I am expecting that there may be a higher volume of students leaving by car. Please follow the procedure below:
· Enter from Coventry Road
· To avoid backup on Coventry, drive the long loop in front of the church – do not drive straight across the back of the lot
· Stay in line and hold out your Child’s/Family name sign – especially in the winter, it is difficult to see through the car windows. If I do not see your sign from a distance, I cannot call your child until you reach me.
· Pull up ahead in the parking lot to handle car seat buckling
· Remember that children may be walking around cars to get into cars so keep their safety in mind.
· Exit through the Stillman Road drive
· As always, drive slowly when entering and exiting the lot
Please make sure that all family members who will be picking up your child(ren) are aware of these procedures. It is with everyone’s consideration and cooperation that the car dismissal can run safely and smoothly.
The Communion of Saints faculty and staff are continuing to pray for everyone in the community,especially the students, that this difficult time will soon be behind us!