GCSC understands the importance of our services as well as the importance of the health and safety of our trainees and employees. In response to the spread of COVID-19, GCSC has activated a plan with the intent to ensure seamless operations throughout this evolving situation, including provisions for ensuring we remain fully operational and are equipped with the needed supplies.
GCSC has taken the following additional steps beyond our already stringent hygiene practices:
- GCSC Employee required at front door/lobby at all times
- Employees arrive at 5:45 to prevent crowding at door
- Extra check in station opened in lobby
- Front door propped open at all times
- Temperature Readings at door (Employees and Trainees) - beginning 03/18; Refused entry at 100.4 or higher
- Refused entry if showing any symptoms of a cold (Employees and Trainees)
- Required hand sanitation before entering
- (4) Handwash stations in lobby - to be delivered 3/18
- All trainees asked 3 questions; refused entry if answers "yes"
- Do you currently have any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled to any other country in the past 14 days?
- Disinfectant Wipes and Spray available to each Employee
- Hand sanitizer available at each check-in and for each Employee
- Wall dispensers are located: (2) CBT Lab, (3)Lobby, Kitchen, Admin Entry
- Sanitize: Doors, benches, cell phone lockers, vending machines, bathrooms hourly, etc.
- Sanitize: Check-in stations after each trainee check-in and check-out
- Sanitize: Pencils after BOP Classes
- Sanitize: Classrooms before and after class. Classroom Doors before and after class and breaks.
- Sanitize: CBT Lab work stations before and after each trainee use (as always)
- 33 CBT Lab Computers Available (first come) - 6 feet apart
- Numbers given if necessary, must wait on designated taped spot
- Limit Classroom 101 and Biloxi to 20 Trainees (first come) - 6 feet apart
- BOP Testing - Test in classroom, not on computer
- Will have 2nd class if needed
- Limit Classroom 105/104 to 16 Trainees (first come) - 6 feet apart
- Spanish BOP Testing - Test in classroom, not on computer
- Limit Lobby to 20 Trainees
- Tape put down in lobby 6 feet apart, additional must wait outside on designated waiting spaces
- 40 Designated Outside Waiting Spaces - 6 feet apart
- Limit Hallway to 10 Trainees (checked in with number)
- Tape put down in hallway 12 feet apart, additional must wait outside
- Prepared to work extended hours as necessary on an as needed basis