COVID-19 - Industry Update 10
April 1, 2020
Greetings to Travel Partners,
As we continue to adapt to our new normal—finding novel ways to communicate and conduct business—the Wilmington and Beaches Convention and Visitors Bureau thanks you for your support and contributions to our industry. As a strong and resilient industry, we look forward to brighter days ahead. In the meantime, here are the latest updates.
: Lodging properties that are “providing lodging in direct assistance to a governmental or non-profit request for support in COVID-19 emergency response” and/or has extended-stay room rentals over 28 days, should contact the County's call center directly to inquire about receiving a legal variance to operate: 910-798-6800.
New Travel Research
Virtual Tours and Events
: Even during this time of social distancing there are still ways to experience our destination. The
Wilmington and Beaches CVB has launched a new Virtual Tours & Events landing page at
. We invite you to share this link with guests, friends, family and visitors inquiring about future travel!
Below are updates from state and county officials, followed by CVB updates and helpful links.
State of North Carolina Updates:
New Hanover County Updates:
Wilmington and Beaches CVB Update:
- Launched a virtual tours and events website landing page for visitors to discover the experiences waiting for them when the time is right to travel again.
- Published virtual tour blogs for all four destinations
- Preparing 2020 Visitor Profile Research Study questionnaire to be distributed to visitor subscriber databases regarding 2019 Wilmington and Beaches travel experiences
- Reviewing digital style guide for new website
- Began preparation of summer seasonal landing pages for the website
Ways You Can Assist the CVB
- Inform CVB of your business closings / re-openings / occupancy levels
- Inform CVB of meeting/event cancelations due to COVID-19
- Respond to CVB surveys (answers are confidential; we report total percentages, trends)
- Share your virtual events, activities and tours for future content consideration. Send details to email@example.com. The CVB will share these along with other best practices in a future Industry Update. For example, on April 1, 3 and 4, the N.C. Azalea Festival will celebrate spring with ‘virtual’ festival events via its FaceBook page: www.facebook.com/NorthCarolinaAzaleaFestival
Wilmington and Beaches COVID-19 Resource Pages
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 RESOURCES:
Below, please find some additional COVID-19 resources. To see previously listed resources, please refer to past Industry Updates or you can access a complete list via the Partner Extranet.
STATE & FEDERAL ASSISTANCE:
TRAVEL INDUSTRY UPDATES & RESOURCES
The N.C. Restaurant & Lodging Association
continues to follow the various relief packages being offered to small businesses including restaurants and hotels. These two helpful one-pagers provide a quick overview of the provisions included in the CARES Act for Small Businesses.
Southeast Tourism Society - Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act:
Thank you for keeping the CVB informed. Your feedback is very important and helps us to respond to industry needs and concerns as the situation evolves.
Be well, keep safe and stay tuned,
Wilmington and Beaches Convention & Visitors Bureau
505 Nutt Street, Unit A
Wilmington, NC 28401
(P)(910) 341.4030 x120