A Message from City Manager Leif Ahnell
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Residents of Boca Raton,
The number of COVID-19 cases in South Florida continues to increase rapidly. As a result, federal, state, county and municipal governments have put enforceable
in place for the health, safety and welfare of our citizens.
which will go into effect at 12:01am on Friday, April 3, 2020
. Now more than ever, we've got to work together to get through this national health emergency and we all need to make sacrifices.
While many of you have been practicing social distancing and leading by example, unfortunately others have not, and that puts us all at risk.
During this COVID-19 emergency and Stay-at-Home Order you
- Go to the beach - public or private
- Launch your boat from Silver Palm Park
- Go to the parks, playgrounds, recreation facilities or natural areas - public or private
- Play golf, tennis or basketball - public or private
- Visit community pools - public or private
- Make unnecessary trips from your home
The only way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is social distancing done right,
Here's how you can do your part while keeping 6 feet apart:
- Only leave your home to obtain or provide essential services.
- Work from home if you can.
- Limit your grocery shopping to one day a week or opt for delivery.
- Exercise near your home or in your neighborhood.
- Do not drive around because you’re bored. Traffic stops and small fender-benders put our Police and Fire Departments at risk unnecessarily.
- Adhere to social distancing- strictly.
- Wash your hands, don't touch your face and sanitize surfaces.
- Limit family interaction unless you live in the same household. Family get togethers can wait.
- If you are sick, stay home and call your health provider. There are many telemedicine options available.
We need to slow the spread and decrease the death toll of COVID-19 and we must be strict and disciplined in our actions now. Let's recommit for the next 30 days, together. As new information becomes available we will continue to communicate with residents and update resource links at
. Stay Home and Stay Safe Boca Raton.
Leif J. Ahnell