COVID-19 Emergency Response Statement
Dear Cascade Family and Friends,
Amid the growing concern of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), our first priority is the health and safety of our members, visitors, and staff.
Through the collective input of our church leadership and the North Georgia Conference, Cascade United Methodist Church will take the following steps to ensure all who connect with our church are protected and cared for:
- Sunday worship will be suspended at our physical location until further notice. We will offer a virtual worship experience at 10 a.m. on Sundays through our website at www.cascadeumc.org and on our social media platforms.
- All church activities will be suspended until further notice. This includes church-wide and community events, choir rehearsals, outreach initiatives, and all children’s activities.
- Holy Week remains unaffected until further notice.
- All physical and on-site meetings including Bible study and ministry meetings are suspended. Virtual meetings will be our standard practice for the foreseeable future and these resources will be provided to ministry leaders in collaboration with our Technology and Communications team.
- As we continue the support of our ministry endeavors, we strongly encourage the utilization of our alternative giving methods via our website, the Cascade mobile app, and Givelify. Other physical donations may be mailed to the church at 3144 Cascade Rd. SW Atlanta, GA 30311.
- The church will be closed until further notice.
- Official Cascade UMC updates will be communicated via Pathway e-blast, social media, the Cascade app, and our website.
As we remain prayerful for our world, we acknowledge that our faith calls us to believe that God is present and able to bring healing to our land. During this difficult season, remember the words from Proverbs 3:5-6 that encourage us to “trust in the Lord with all our heart lean not unto our own understanding. In all our ways acknowledge God, and he will direct our paths.”
Be encouraged, stay connected, and continue to live for God, love God, follow God, and in all things, stay the course.