February 27, 2020
We have been closely monitoring the news regarding the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus 2019) and want you to be aware of the steps we are taking to help keep our community safe. As of 2/25/2020, the CDC emphasized that there is not currently a coronavirus pandemic in the United States. We also do not have any confirmed cases of coronavirus in Harford County or in Maryland.
We continue to reinforce practicing good hygiene habits to help limit the spread of viruses in our school. These precautions are recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and are the same common sense measures taken to avoid the flu. We advise that you follow the same procedures at home and go over these precautions with your child(ren).
- Wash your hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people that are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and do not return to work or school until you have been fever-free without the use of fever reducing medication for at least 24 hours.
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash; if tissues aren't available, cough or sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
This virus may live on surfaces such as desks, light switches, door knobs, and the like. As such, we are taking extra measures to make sure these surfaces are cleaned.
Our previously scheduled admissions visit from several international families was canceled out of an abundance of caution earlier this month. Should your family have plans to travel internationally over spring break, please refer to the
CDC's Travelers' Health
page and follow appropriate safety precautions while traveling and when you return.
We will continue our partnerships with public health experts and will update you when relevant information is available. You may find more information at:
Harford County Health Department:
Finally, should we get to a point where school must be closed for an extended period, we will communicate and implement plans for continuity of instruction.
Head of School