March 13, 2020
Dear Brother's and Sister's in Christ,
The following announcement is in response to Governor Tim Walz's executive order and address to the state of Minneso
ta earlier today, regarding the ongoing concern about the spread of coronavirus, or COVID-19.
With the full support of our Executive Church Council and pastoral staff, Crown of Glory Lutheran Church of Chaska will be implemen
ting the following adjustments to the day-to-day operations and worship services:
Putting Saturday/Sunday Worship On "Pause"
- There will be NO Saturday evening worship on March 14th, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- There will be NO Sunday morning 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. public worship for March 15th, 2020.
- WORSHIP TOGETHER ON-LINE: In light of our worship "pause" we invite all to login to the internet on Sunday, March 15th at 9:30 a.m. to experience a "live-feed" video of worship! Visit our website at www.crownofglory.org and click the link to "You-Tube: Watch Worship"! Stay connected via the internet!
- JOIN US ON-LINE: On Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. March 15th, 2020 join us on-line as Pastor Laura Laughlin and Director of Music and Worship Tom Paulson will be leading worship and Pastor Reggie Klindworth will be sharing a message: "Be Still and Know that we are broken and beloved."
- Future Worship: Saturday & Sunday worship on March 21st and March 22nd, 2020 are pending and communication about these services will be determined and announced at a later time.
Wednesday Soup Suppers
- Soup supper for Wednesday, March 18th, 2020 is cancelled.
- All other Soup suppers during Lent are suspended until further notice.
Wednesday Lenten Worship
- There is NO Mid-week Holden Evening Worship service for March 18th, 2020.
- There is a potential option for worshipers to watch an on-line "live-feed" worship starting at 6:30 p.m. on March 18th, 2020. This online worship is To Be Determined. Please watch for more announcements in the coming days.
- All other Wednesday Mid-Week Lenten worship services are suspended until further notice.
Ministry Event & Gatherings:
(Please Note: The Following Ministries are Cancelled or Suspended Until Further Notice)
- All SPARK Sunday School events.
- All children's and youth ministries, including Connect Ministry, Confirmation Ministry, and Senior High Youth Ministries.
- All adult Bible study and milestone ministries; this includes "Women's Saturday Bible Study" led by Pastor Laura.
- All small group ministries.
- All social ministry groups.
- All fundraisers scheduled during worship hours.
- All music and choral ministries.
- Scheduled Building Use: If you have a pre-arranged event or "building use" on the church calendar please contact the church Administrative Office Assistant, Kellie Bokusky to confirm any suspension at firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Forward Together:
Our entire community is experiencing this difficult time and even more so now we recognize how vitally important it is for us to continue to be a Christ centered community together. Please consider how you might stay connected through online worship or other ways. Through these efforts our goal is to be committed to fighting the spread of COVID-19 while at the same time discover new ways to still stay connected as a community of faith.
Finally, we want to offer a friendly reminder to please continue to consider your regular weekly offering during these difficult times when we are not gathering regularly for worship. Our congregation will continue to have our regular financial obligations such as the general operating budget and monthly mortgage responsibilities. Thank you for considering one of the following ways:
- The church office will remain open during regular business hours, Monday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Offering envelopes can be dropped off at the office window or the secure 'drop-box' in the main office.
- Mail your offering to our address at 1141 Cardinal Street, Chaska, MN, 55318.
- Get signed up for automated giving; contact our Director of Finance, Ashley Pederson for more details at email@example.com
- Try our "Text to Give" by sending a text to our secure account at 833-497-3991.
Your financial gifts are always appreciated and support our congregational needs through this difficult time.
As we move forward in the coming days we will keep all those who have been directly impacted by COVID-19 in our prayers and ask that you keep our entire community of faith in your daily prayers.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact one of our pastors:
Senior Pastor Reggie Klindworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Pastor of Faith Formation, Pastor Laura Laughlin at email@example.com
Yours in Christ,
Pastor Reggie & Pastor Laura