March 27th, 2020
Dear Friends in Christ,
As we continue to move through these days of "social distancing", staying connected through other means, such as online worship and video chat rooms, truly makes a difference in the fight against the spread of COVID-19.
On March 25th Governor Tim Walz issued Minnesotans an executive "shelter in place" order starting Friday, March 27th at 11:59 p.m. that will go through Friday, April 10th. In response to this order, Crown of Glory Lutheran Church announces that the following
actions will be put in place until Friday, April 10th, or until further notice:
- Building Use: The church building and facility will be closed and locked to all group activities, visitors, and staff. (Please note the exception of "Worship Staff" below).
- Worship Times: Worship will continue to be available online only. A live-stream broadcast of worship is available at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings and Wednesday’s at 6:30 p.m. for the Holden Evening Prayer service. Recordings of services are available on our YouTube page, accessible through the link on our website. Please share the link with others who may benefit from a streamed worship experience. Online worship is just one way we can all stay connected!
- Worship Outline: A worship outline is provided for each service. It will contain songs, liturgy and the basic order of worship. It is also accessible through a link on our website. Worship outlines are intended for your personal use at home, and are used with permission and properly licensed material.
- Pastors: Pastors will be available by phone in case of an emergency or for any other pastoral care needs. To reach one of our pastors directly, please call the church office at 952-448-3230 and select the appropriate extension. The office phone system will forward the call directly to the pastor’s personal cell phone each time you call.
- Staying Committed to Safety: Staff and worship leaders will continue to practice “safe distancing” and proper hand washing during recordings and worship services.
- Building Cleaning and Sanitizing: The Preschool Place/Emmaus Learning Center side of the facility will remain on a 3-day a week cleaning schedule. This includes professionally cleaning all door handles, common surfaces and bathrooms.
- Church Staff: Our staff will work from home and can be reached by phone or email during our regular operating hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Worship Staff: All "Worship Staff" are considered essential workers and therefore allowed in the the church building to facilitate, record and lead online worship services. "Worship Staff" includes: pastors, musicians and singers, and AV volunteers.
- Preschool Place: In support of parents and providing daily care for children and their families, the Preschool Place is considered an essential business and will remain open and staffed until further notice.
- Access Code: For those who have been administered an “access code” to the church’s north entrance keypad, the codes have be deactivated until further notice.
- Offering: Members and guests are encouraged to mail their offering or donations to: Crown of Glory Lutheran Church, 1141 Cardinal Street, Chaska, MN 55318.
- Text to Give: We offer a convenient and easy way to make a weekly offering through our secure account. Just text your gift to 833-497-3991.
If you are in need of support for yourself or for your family in the coming weeks, please call and share your specific needs. We will continue to seek new ways to stay connected in faith. Our
Sharing and Caring Hands Team
is also available for those who need assistance shopping for groceries or other household needs. Please contact Pastor Reggie at
with any specific needs.
Check out our email newsletters twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays and by checking our web site at
for updates on worship services and building operations.
On behalf of all our members and all who call Crown of Glory their church home, we pray that you stay safe and well during these uncertain times. We will continue to keep you in our prayers as we stay connected in faith.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact one of our pastors:
Yours in Christ,
Pastor Reggie & Pastor Laura