NJAASC has curated authoritative information and a list of resources for our Membership’s reference. We will continue to update this as more information becomes available.
PAST COVID E-BLAST HAVE BEEN ARCHIVED DUE TO SPACE RESTRAINTS AND TO KEEP THINGS CURRENT.
PORTAL REPORTING PASSWORD AND INSTRUCTIONS HAVE BEEN SENT TO ALL LICENSED ASCs- 6/25/20
Last nite, all licensed ASCs that registered should have received the e-mail below from NJHA. They are administering the portal for hospitals, ASCs and long term care for the Department. This makes perfect sense, as now the Department can pull reports that are all the same, and everything is under one roof.
Reporting will be WEEKLY, as we have been telling you, despite what the guidelines and subsequent ED and ED revision (see below) state. I queried the Department about this again, today and they told me that they forgot to amend that part for ASCs, but that the portal instructions stated weekly, so go by that.
The reporting categories are what we had collaborated with DOH on, so no real changes there.
Per the Department- the first data drop will be Monday, July 6
ERROR: under weekly, #6- says 120 hours, should be 144
Date: June 24, 2020
Subject: NJHA Ambulatory Surgical Centers Portal Activation
Welcome to the NJHA Ambulatory Surgical Centers Portal, a collaborative effort between the state Office of Emergency Management, state Department of Health and NJHA to better manage PPE supply to protect our healthcare workers in the COVID-19 response.
Your organization has identified you to be provisioned to access this portal and share important information for the resumption of elective surgery and invasive procedures.
Unless otherwise noted, the data will be reported weekly. In addition, there will be a one-time retrospective reporting of patient volume for each month from January 2019 to May 2020.
This week should be completed weekly by no later than 10:00pm each Monday.
Please follow these instructions to get started:
• Click on this link,
. By clicking on this link, you will be brought to the portal log on page.
• Click on the “forgot my password” link.
• Enter your username which is your e-mail address, your first and last names, and click “Submit.” Doing so will generate an email from
containing a link allowing you to set your own unique password.
• Open your mailbox, locate the email from
, click the link, and then enter your new password.
Note, this link is only valid for 2 hours. If for some reason the two-hour window expires before you can complete the process, please initiate this process again.
We are collecting the following data to better serve the state of New Jersey:
Check each licensed acute care hospital your facility has a current transfer agreement. Update this data daily as changes occur.
Monthly Survey (Retrospective & On-going Patient Volume)
1. Enter the # of patients served during each month of 2019 and 2020.
Weekly Survey (Patient Volume, Confirmation of Care Capacity, PPE & other Supplies, Testing)
The weekly data submissions are for that week only and are not cumulative.
1. Enter the # of patients served since your facility's last report. that data is weekly and not cumulative (e.g. only enter data for that week and not the weeks before
2. Check the reasons why your facility could not perform cases due to capacity data.
3. Enter the # of days’ worth of PPE necessary for care that is currently in inventory on hand.
4. Enter the # of time sensitive procedures conducted without COVID test results.
5. Enter the # of scheduled cases delayed or canceled due to COVID test result not available at time of case.
6. Enter the # of scheduled cases delayed or canceled due to patient unable to get tested (specimen collection) within 120 hours of case.
7. Check the reasons which prevented patient testing (specimen collection).
8. Enter the # of scheduled cases delayed or canceled due to patient testing COVID-positive.
If you have any questions regarding the NJHA Ambulatory Surgical Centers portal, please send an email to
If you are experiencing technical problems, please send an email to
or contact technical support at 800-828-9366 or 609-275-4221.
REVISED ED 20-016 - 6/25/20
As was stated in previous e-blasts, the Department has issued a revision to ED 20-016.
The only changes are to Visitor Policies, and I had them correct the reporting requirements to specify ASCs are weekly.
The Department was originally going to add Antigen testing as an option, but the Commissioner ruled against it at the last minute.
So testing remains the same- molecular only.
GOVERNOR ISSUES QUARANTINE ORDER COVERING NINE STATES- 6/25/20
In my just recent conversation with the Department, they said they are working on it, will issue specific instruction later today.
The nine states that currently meet the quarantine criteria are: