Dear JV/AmeriCorps members and Site Supervisors:
Thanks to those of you who have filled out the Remote Service Planning Form. You have supported efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19, helped us continue operations, and secured the pre-approval needed for JVs to continue to record AmeriCorps service hours. If you have not yet filled out that form, please do so
As we extend our recommendation to refrain from non-essential travel and serving onsite until April 10, 2020, we also want to return focus to a collaborative decision-making process for JV/AmeriCorps member service options.
The plan you submitted via the Remote Service Planning Form is approved unless you hear back from us; please proceed if you have not already!
On-going Process for Changes in Service
We encourage those of you who can to continue with the service activities described in your position descriptions without going to the service site (“remote service”) or to continue new, co-created service activities that benefit your Partner Agency (“adapted service”) and/or your communities (“alternative service”).
If you need to change JV service activities as circumstances continue to change, please provide the information via the
Remote Service Planning Form
to amend JV position descriptions to include adapted or alternative service activities, or training.
Keep in mind:
- Approval to accrue hours via changed service activities is given as of the date on the form, so please date and submit your form in advance of beginning the new service activities.
- AmeriCorps Members must avoid prohibited activities: JVs must be engaged in direct service and cannot replace staff. A complete list of prohibited activities is here. Questions regarding AmeriCorps compliance should be directed to AmeriCorps Program Manager Ben Carver.
- If remote service activities for your organization are limited, identify service activities that respond to your local communities’ needs. Service activities can also include training (see Schedule & Inventory tool).
- Service activities should amount to full-time service (32-40 hours/week).
- Service may include a mix of remote service, adapted service, alternative service, and training hours. If you need assistance in establishing a mix of options, please contact your Program Coordinator (PC) to talk through your options.
We recognize that many of our partners are significantly altering their operations, either by ramping up responsive services or by halting operations all together. If your site can no longer support a JV or, conversely, could support an additional JV, please contact your Program Coordinator.