With regards to COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please know we consider our City of Roanoke businesses a top priority and appreciate all you are doing during this trying time. As we continue to receive more information from the federal and state governments regarding disaster relief, we will share these updates with you. In the meantime
, we have four suggestions for things you can do now.
Please begin collecting and documenting any loss of business related to this pandemic.
This could include the following:
- Hotel Room Cancellations
- Meal Reservation Cancellations
- Private Event Cancellations
- Conference Cancellations
- Any business and revenue loss associated with the pandemic
The City of Roanoke Department of Economic Development is developing a collection system so you can easily report this information to us and we can assist City businesses with this effort. In the meantime, please document the information in a written or electronic format for yourself for later.
2. So we can communicate directly with City Businesses throughout this situation, please send your business name, the appropriate contact name, email and phone number for this effort to us at
or complete this
3.In order for you to have pertinent documentation should it be needed/required for relief, below are examples of informational items you may be required to present during or after emergency declarations:
- Monthly sales history for the past two years
- Accurate year-end business financial statements (both Income and Balance sheets)
- As time transpires, interim month-end statements may also be required
- You will need to show a downturn in sales from prior periods (exact details unknown at this time) - early application may be premature
- please support the local businesses in our community by purchasing gift cards, ordering carry-out and making an effort to visit as frequently as safely possible.
The City of Roanoke Department of Economic Development is here to assist you. Should you need our help, please contact us using the information below: